Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why haven't Tesla continued expanding insurance to other states and countries. My theory - all Robotaxis will be registered in Texas. Existing business will ensure that competitors in other states and countries are confident to compete at competitive prices.

• Funny
Reactions: Doggydogworld
Why haven't Tesla continued expanding insurance to other states and countries. My theory - all Robotaxis will be registered in Texas. Existing business will ensure that competitors in other states and countries are confident to compete at competitive prices.
Interesting, since when the concept of robotaxis surfaced, Tesla wasn't in Texas.
And that the insurance business is a tough business and spreading nationwide takes a lot of effort.

Now that production scaling is slowing down, Tesla seems to be spending their money on improving service. I tried to add another Tesla to my Tesla Insurance policy today. My wait was 15 minutes instead of the 1 hour+ I had usually dealt with in the past. When I told the representative that I noticed their service was getting better, she said they were finally hiring more people so the team was no longer short staffed. I hope Tesla next spends money on building spare parts to reduce cost of insurance across all insurance carriers. As the total cost of ownership decreases and quality of ownership experience increases, Tesla should naturally attract more buyers.

Reactions: Hiline