Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iOS App - Training Videos - No Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm posting this in case anyone else runs into this.

I noticed that the Tesla iOS app training videos in the Tesla iOS app would play on my phone but there would be no sound. If I played the videos on an Airplay device like Apple TV, the sound would play fine.

Today, I was wearing my airpods and noticed I could play those videos from the Tesla mobile app and the sound would work. However, the second I put away the Airpods, the videos went back to no sound.

It turns out that if you have the Ring/Silent side button on the iPhone set to silent, the Tesla iOS app will not play sound when playing those videos.

I always keep that button set to silent since I use an Apple Watch. This is the only iOS app that does this. All other apps that play video will play sound even if that side silent button is set to silent.

Reactions: oghowie
just so i am aware -- maybe apple updated this?

i just tried this out on a 13 pro max 1tb unlocked. i went to the help section and got to some screen that allowed me to choose videos. i played the video and switched the hard button to silent and the videos still played with sound? maybe i am not accessing the exact thing op did or maybe apple updated this?