Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I Crazy, Or Has the TESLA iOS App Icon Changed Colors…???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently running iOS app v4.23.2.

Am I crazy, or has the red color of the TESLA logo in the iOS app icon changed to a slightly lighter shade of red? If I’m not mistaken, I believe it used to be a deeper red, more akin to the “TMC red”.

Am I the only one who has noticed this???
(Yes, I’m weird.)

Hopefully it was a junior designer who accidentally picked the wrong hex code. Colors are highly guarded in design systems, I can't imagine they'd change their app icon color when their branding hasn't changed. If it was done on purpose... Tesla, please hire some new designers.

Reactions: father_of_6
Yes it has changed colors, can’t comment on the crazy part though ;)
1690046245514.gif

I was just coming here to ask the same question. I didn't notice the logo size change, but the color clearly went from a deep red to an almost pink color. Not a fan.

I agree with @Mikecm1 - this color change isn't something to be taken lightly. Hopefully a mistake... I can't imagine they're changing all of the service centers, signage, superchargers, etc to match.

I was just coming here to ask the same question. I didn't notice the logo size change, but the color clearly went from a deep red to an almost pink color. Not a fan.

I agree with @Mikecm1 - this color change isn't something to be taken lightly. Hopefully a mistake... I can't imagine they're changing all of the service centers, signage, superchargers, etc to match.
Or…. They changed it in hopes to subliminally create global dialog and banter about the company and app for free. Mission accomplished.