Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla IPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Peaked at 30.41 USD per share - went down (balistic) to 19,20 USD.

What happend ?

- the gamblers took the profits ?

and only real Tesla enthusiasts left ?

1. buy some TM stocks

2. TM stocks will (have to) rise over 50 USD by mid 2012

3. take the profit to pay my Model S

4. may (pre)order a "BlueStar"

5. still some pennys left ......

This is to all some may or may not realize that the symbol TM refers to Toyota Motors which closed at $70.03 on the NYSE whereas Tesla Motors is TSLA on the OTC which closed at $16.11 today. I hold stock in both companies at this point. I just might put another order in on TSLA. I just wanted to clarify this.

I wanted to buy Tesla stock, but I hesitated as it soared in the first days of trade.

I think I'm happy to buy some now. I don't expect to make a big profit on it in the first 2-3 years, but buying TSLA isn't all about making a quick buck in the first place anyway.

This is to all some may or may not realize that the symbol TM refers to Toyota Motors which closed at $70.03 on the NYSE whereas Tesla Motors is TSLA on the OTC which closed at $16.11 today. I hold stock in both companies at this point. I just might put another order in on TSLA. I just wanted to clarify this.

luckily we use some crypt Numbers for Stocks, called WKN

"A1CX3T" = TSLA on nasdaq

B.T.W. who cares about "Toyota Motors" in the Tesla Motors Club ? :rolleyes:

I saw a reference today that said that on average, IPOs in 2010 are at 10% below their offering price. I am not a stock-hound kind of guy so I didn't research to verify that, but if so, then aforementioned articles are especially lame, since even if TSLA had dropped to 15.30 and stayed there, that would be approximately average behavior for this year.

Thanks! Does Tesla actually have one?
Investopedia explains Lock-Up Period
The IPO lock-up is a common lock-up period in the equities market used for newly-issued public shares. IPO lock-ups typically last anywhere from 90 to 180 days after the first day of trading, and are in place to prevent shareholders with a large proportion of ownership (such as company executives) from flooding the market with shares during the initial trading period.