Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is now asking for payment in full before seeing the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey so I am going through Suncoast credit union as well. It has been an absolute nightmare. I went to pickup my model 3 yesterday and gave Tesla the paperwork Suncoast told me to give to the dealer (the paper that looks like a check). But Tesla came back and told me they can't accept that. They require either a tracking number for the check or a picture of the check's shipping label before I can take delivery. So Tesla emailed me a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement to send to Suncoast. Then Suncoast came back and said they still can't send the check because I haven't signed the Purchase agreement. Tesla responded saying that I cant sign it until after I take delivery, but to take delivery Tesla needs proof of payment from Suncoast. So I'm currently stuck in a catch-22.

I have been re-scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Been on the phone all day with suncoast and Tesla trying to get this worked out, but still haven't got Suncoast to send a check. Hopefully I'll be able to get my model 3 tomorrow.😟

Hey so I am going through Suncoast credit union as well. It has been an absolute nightmare. I went to pickup my model 3 yesterday and gave Tesla the paperwork Suncoast told me to give to the dealer (the paper that looks like a check). But Tesla came back and told me they can't accept that. They require either a tracking number for the check or a picture of the check's shipping label before I can take delivery. So Tesla emailed me a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement to send to Suncoast. Then Suncoast came back and said they still can't send the check because I haven't signed the Purchase agreement. Tesla responded saying that I cant sign it until after I take delivery, but to take delivery Tesla needs proof of payment from Suncoast. So I'm currently stuck in a catch-22.

I have been re-scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Been on the phone all day with suncoast and Tesla trying to get this worked out, but still haven't got Suncoast to send a check. Hopefully I'll be able to get my model 3 tomorrow.😟
First question to a lender should be "Have you worked with Tesla before?" Some lenders have figured this out and know exactly how to work with Tesla.