TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Tesla is now most important automaker in world"

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Dutchie, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

#2 Raffy.Roma, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    IMO Tesla could really become most important automaker in the world also in terms of produced cars within 2020 provided the following conditions be fulfilled:

1) Gigafactory ready and working within 2015.

2) Better and high quality interior (like Mercedes and BMW) for all the Models

3) Full options available for all the Models (in particular automatic anti-collision system, ACC, blind spot detection system, AWD, ventilated and cooled seats)

4) Full Supercharger network installed all over the world within 2016

5) Model X starting production date early 2015, Super AWD 110KWh Model S starting production date early 2016, Model E starting production date early 2017, Tesla truck starting production date early 2018, Model R starting production date early 2019

Am I dreaming? :cool:

2. Anarr

Anarr Member

Yes you are, that timetable is completely impossible. Tesla is without doubt the most important transport company on the planet at this point.

3. Haggy

Haggy Member

I have no idea about the time table, but I agree that it's the way to go. Frankly, I ruled out buying a Tesla because of the lack of your third item. Then somebody totaled my car so I ordered a Model S. With those options, I would have bought it regardless.

Ironically I'm paying for those options whether they are there or not. It's not just that it's hard to fix even a scrape on a bumper for under a thousand dollars. It's that the insurance industry factors it into the payments. So with insurance payments and the avoidance of a single fender bender by anybody who drives my car, I'd save money with those options. For now, I'll be paying for other people's damage and potential injuries. Teslas may be safe, but that's relative to other vehicles assuming you have an accident. If you compare a crash in a Tesla to a non-crash in a $30,000 car with anti-collision features, I'd call the latter car safer. Plus, it's a pain to drive a car without ACC when you are used to it.

4. omgwtfbyobbq

omgwtfbyobbq Member

I think that's accurate. The convergence of Tesla's Gigafactory and SolarCity could not only shake up the transportation sector, but also the power generation sector. Throw in SpaceX, and Musk could be a 21st century Rockefeller.