Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla is now most important automaker in world"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO Tesla could really become most important automaker in the world also in terms of produced cars within 2020 provided the following conditions be fulfilled:

1) Gigafactory ready and working within 2015.

2) Better and high quality interior (like Mercedes and BMW) for all the Models

3) Full options available for all the Models (in particular automatic anti-collision system, ACC, blind spot detection system, AWD, ventilated and cooled seats)

4) Full Supercharger network installed all over the world within 2016

5) Model X starting production date early 2015, Super AWD 110KWh Model S starting production date early 2016, Model E starting production date early 2017, Tesla truck starting production date early 2018, Model R starting production date early 2019

Am I dreaming? :cool:

Last edited:
IMO Tesla could really become most important automaker in the world also in terms of produced cars within 2020 provided the following conditions be fulfilled:

1) Gigafactory ready and working within 2015.

2) Better and high quality interior (like Mercedes and BMW) for all the Models

3) Full options available for all the Models (in particular automatic anti-collision system, ACC, blind spot detection system, AWD, ventilated and cooled seats)

4) Full Supercharger network installed all over the world within 2016

5) Model X starting production date early 2015, Super AWD 110KWh Model S starting production date early 2016, Model E starting production date early 2017, Tesla truck starting production date early 2018, Model R starting production date early 2019

Am I dreaming? :cool:

I have no idea about the time table, but I agree that it's the way to go. Frankly, I ruled out buying a Tesla because of the lack of your third item. Then somebody totaled my car so I ordered a Model S. With those options, I would have bought it regardless.

Ironically I'm paying for those options whether they are there or not. It's not just that it's hard to fix even a scrape on a bumper for under a thousand dollars. It's that the insurance industry factors it into the payments. So with insurance payments and the avoidance of a single fender bender by anybody who drives my car, I'd save money with those options. For now, I'll be paying for other people's damage and potential injuries. Teslas may be safe, but that's relative to other vehicles assuming you have an accident. If you compare a crash in a Tesla to a non-crash in a $30,000 car with anti-collision features, I'd call the latter car safer. Plus, it's a pain to drive a car without ACC when you are used to it.