Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First important use for Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this BMW spontaneously erupts in flames in the parking lot at my work. I was parked on the driver's side. I used summon to save my Tesla, thank you. The car on the passenger side was also burned/melted. It wasn't a Tesla.

It was the first time I had a super critical use for the feature, but it was also the most important time. It was either summon the car, risk personal injury, or watch my Tesla melt from a distance.

1702662142586.png

.....but, but the Tesla MUST have set the Beemer on fire since ONLY EV's cause car fires. I know this is true because the news only reports EV fires so ICE cars can't catch on fire unless a Tesla cases it

App based RFS (remote fire start). The upgrade from (not a) flamethrower.

So this BMW spontaneously erupts in flames in the parking lot at my work. I was parked on the driver's side. I used summon to save my Tesla, thank you. The car on the passenger side was also burned/melted. It wasn't a Tesla.

It was the first time I had a super critical use for the feature, but it was also the most important time. It was either summon the car, risk personal injury, or watch my Tesla melt from a distance.

View attachment 999697
Good thinking! I'll bet someone at work got that on video.

Had the BMW and your Tesla burned to the ground, it would have been the Tesla at fault.

Good thinking! I'll bet someone at work got that on video.

Had the BMW and your Tesla burned to the ground, it would have been the Tesla at fault.

And been all over blogs as "another example of how unsafe EVs are with battery fires". This part isnt even a joke. Had the tesla burned down with the BMW, everyone would try to blame the Tesla, even if the fire started with the BMW.

The assumption would have been it was the Tesla, and "later" there would have been a footnote correction when it was identified it wasnt the cause.

View attachment 999697
So was the slice on the frunk done by Fire Dept to access quick High Voltage Disconnect ?

This made me think about the fact that I don't think I've enabled Summon in the menu. Maybe I should change that.

Then again, when I parked at work it was usually at the free Level 2 chargers they installed. I don't think someone has an Eject Charger option so it would have been stranded there.

Great story and glad it worked out for you!

This made me think about the fact that I don't think I've enabled Summon in the menu. Maybe I should change that.

Then again, when I parked at work it was usually at the free Level 2 chargers they installed. I don't think someone has an Eject Charger option so it would have been stranded there.

Great story and glad it worked out for you!
I was thinking the same thing. I have no intention of using it anywhere but my parking spot at home and it won't work there anymore (it used to but doesn't now due to satellite or gps not having clear view of car.) So we turned it off.

This gives a reason for it to remain on but unused unless there's an emergency.