Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla launched its own insurance company. What customers say....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just read that; As a Tesla Insurance customer, it makes me worry. I've never had a claim, but came here to see if anyone has stories (good or bad).

I’ve had no claims, but have been frustrated by long phone wait times when I wanted to talk to a person and ask questions. Otherwise no issues; however I have become obsessive over my safety score and sometimes will go out to drive just to improve it. I’m switching back to my old insurance who improved their quote and is close to Tesla pricing now.

We have our 1 Tesla insured by Liberty Mutual @ $957 per year. Less than Progressive, our last insurer...( no, I don't work for any insurance company..)

That is so reasonable that if I can match that quote I would switch immediately. My premium with Tesla is all over the map and I utterly -hate- the car "judging" my driving, often poorly, when it does not understand every situation I encounter on a daily basis. I have gotten hard braking penalties so many times for just pulling up to stop lights or avoiding accidents, its incredibly annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX and Tiger
We have our 1 Tesla insured by Liberty Mutual @ $957 per year. Less than Progressive, our last insurer...( no, I don't work for any insurance company..)

Mine is $726 per year, which is a 71% premium over what I pay for ///M3 (worth more than TM3P).

Insurance is all about customer service for that rare occasion when you actually need it.
If anyone here feels comfortable betting on Tesla customer service, I have a barely used bridge over East River to sell you. Real cheap.

If you need more insight into Musk's philosophy on customer service, behold this:

• Funny
Reactions: RSpanner and brkaus
Mine is $726 per year, which is a 71% premium over what I pay for ///M3 (worth more than TM3P).

Insurance is all about customer service for that rare occasion when you actually need it.
If anyone here feels comfortable betting on Tesla customer service, I have a barely used bridge over East River to sell you. Real cheap.

If you need more insight into Musk's philosophy on customer service, behold this:
Which Mafia...I mean insurance company uses you...I mean which company do you use...

Not surprising. There have been some problem reports here.
I sorta know the OP of Have Tesla insurance, just got DMV letter "Intent to Suspend" for lack of insurance.