Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla launches new automatic electric trunk for Model 3, upgrade available at official service centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jowua

Global Vendor
Oct 25, 2021
Taiwan
Listings
Just saw this on Electrek Tesla launches new automatic electric trunk for Model 3, upgrade available at official service centers

Launches first in China, but I'm sure they will roll it out to the rest of the world eventually. I wonder how popular this will be.

1645195983551.png

If this becomes available here in the US, I will probably get it installed on my car. I like powered trunks, but was never interested in aftermarket solutions for it.

Everyone has their own risk tolerance for "things aftermarket" and mine doesnt extend to stuff like this, so I never considered an aftermarket solution something that was "for me" for a powered trunk. Having it be installed by Tesla means that they can never tell me "its your aftermarket trunk XXX" if there is some issue with it.

That's excellent news! I hope mine also comes with this. Take delivery in the next 4-6wks (hopefully) unless they push the date again. I am in Cali so will be taking delivery from Fremont.

The article states... "Before 2021, all Tesla vehicles had automatic trunk liftgates except for the Model 3. You had to use your own elbow grease power to open the trunk of the Model 3. I know, right? How dare they!"

Unless I'm missing something, this is double plus untrue.