Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Lawsuit settlement checks

davidsharette

May 23, 2018
Salt Lake City
I have received my 2nd check in the mail for some settlement against Tesla. I want to support Tesla by not cashing the check, but does that actually help Tesla or does the money that isn’t cashed just end up in the tort attorney’s pockets?

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I have received my 2nd check in the mail for some settlement against Tesla. I want to support Tesla by not cashing the check, but does that actually help Tesla or does the money that isn’t cashed just end up in the tort attorney’s pockets?
Settlement money is gone from Teslas books.

Not cashing the check amounts to you making a statement that no one is going to hear.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA

Tesla already paid the money to the settlement fund. You not cashing it just means it stays in the settlement fund, not that it goes back to Tesla.

Brando

Sep 27, 2016
Bainbridge Island, WA
GET the cash.
Want to support Tesla - shop for some Tesla things - even clothing.

side note: 1/4 or 1/3 of Ferrari profits are from selling merchandise [read non automotive things]
What I heard on an autoline show.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC