Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla lighted T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning on the rear lighted T as soon as the Northeast weather is more conducive to doing an install while outside.
I also want to put a Strobe Flasher inline before the T, so that it will flash a few times before staying lit while the brake is on. I have two of these on other vehicles (GS-100s) and they've worked fantastic.
My question is, has anyone else done this in a Tesla? Would be good to know if there are any surprises I should be aware of before I attempt it :)

To the best of my knowledge no one has put a strobe flasher on the "T" . I'll look into adding the strobe to the harness that controls
the running lights and break lights. So the way it would work, When you press on the breaks the rear "T" would say flash three times then go full red. Any feed back or comments are alway good.

The lighted rear "T" can be installed with the lighted applique or just by itself.

Sorry, I just don't get how this works??
So are you saying that you place the rear T over the top of the T that is already there??
If the Rear T is aircraft aluminum, how does light come through it?? Or does it still come out the side like the old T?
Maybe a Youtube Video or Picture would help me understand.
Anyone else scratching their head on this or am I just an idiot? :)
Yeah I was scratching my noggin over this as well. There are good answers being mentioned in this thread, so why not put those FAQs on the web site along with some close up photos and an installation video. It would save some time and increase sales. When spending that amount of money, people want to see closeup photos of what it looks like when lit. :)

Just did the first install a couple of weeks ago, will do a video when we do the next install. The rear "T" lights up when you have your lights on or when you press on the breaks. The "T" is a one piece assembly ready for install. This is one item that is a do it yourself
job.
Model 3 Rear  T.jpg

The original "T" is not used. A chrome plated aluminum "T" is attached to the face.

Reactions: Joelc
I was going to do it, yet the wife said at $300 for a simple lighted logo and wiring, it's not worth it to her. I guess I tend to agree. Then if you are lucky, another $200 to install.

Try this:
"Honey, I have the best wife in the entire world. And I wanted to show how proud and lucky I am to have her select me as her husband. I put the very brightest and highest quality ring on her finger to celebrate my ongoing commitment to her. Similarly, isn't adding such a feature to our investment a reflection of that commitment and even the slightest improvement of her precious safety?"

Practice in the mirror first. Do Not attempt until you can execute with a straight face!
Good Luck :)

• Funny
Reactions: morrisdl and FlyF4
Try this:
"Honey, I have the best wife in the entire world. And I wanted to show how proud and lucky I am to have her select me as her husband. I put the very brightest and highest quality ring on her finger to celebrate my ongoing commitment to her. Similarly, isn't adding such a feature to our investment a reflection of that commitment and even the slightest improvement of her precious safety?"

Practice in the mirror first. Do Not attempt until you can execute with a straight face!
Good Luck :)
Oh that's good. You should be a politician. The existing ones can't lie without us knowing it :eek:

Are there any installation videos for the newer MS such as 2017+? I have only been able to find older videos and am not sure if instructions are the same or not.

Thanks guys! Got my 2017 100D MS on July 4th and have been wanting to mod it out. Appreciate the help

Installation for the appliqué and or the front and rear "T's" have not changed. The major difference is that the Gen IV "T's" have four wires instead of two. The other difference is that the Gen IV applique now can control the front and rear "T" in either the standard functions and the special effects.

If you send me your contact info, either PM or go to tesla-lights.net and leave me a message.