Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't recommend you assume LS will beat all other rates by .1%, it is pretty hit or miss, the only way for sure to get them to do rate beat is to get full documented approval (not pre-approval) from the other bank in writing (with their letterhead and offer details) and then mail or fax it to them.

They have really tightened up their criteria for matching other loans... for example a few people gave up on them matching Allegacy since Allegacy would not provide enough documented proof of loan rate for LS to act on.

I got matched today. LS originally approved me at 3.69% unsecured. SDMCU offered me 2.49% secured. LS did the beat. 2.39% unsecured. Finalized the loan. Funding via ACH into my checking account on 9/24. Tesla delivery appt on 9/28.

Thank you Khoa, this couldn't have come at better time, I'm just starting to look for a loan. I see you have a comment about about Federal Choice Credit union

Now I can't qualify for a membership, but I see you say you can do the 2.49% rate without a membership? Can you (or anyone) tell me how that works? I just apply online without a membership and that's it?

Thanks in advance!

FedChoice 2.49% 72 $523.83 $748.33 $823.16 $898.00 Washington DC Rates | FedChoice Federal Credit Union Membership Eligibility - Join FedChoice | FedChoice Federal Credit Union Strict
1.49% if you're a new member (must be in DC-Metro Area) but you can get their regular rate w/o membership

I got matched today. LS originally approved me at 3.69% unsecured. SDMCU offered me 2.49% secured. LS did the beat. 2.39% unsecured. Finalized the loan. Funding via ACH into my checking account on 9/24. Tesla delivery appt on 9/28.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing your success!

No Bethpage FCU on the list? They gave me 2.79% on 45K.

Bethpage looks easy to qualify, I may have to add it.

Thank you Khoa, this couldn't have come at better time, I'm just starting to look for a loan. I see you have a comment about about Federal Choice Credit union

Now I can't qualify for a membership, but I see you say you can do the 2.49% rate without a membership? Can you (or anyone) tell me how that works? I just apply online without a membership and that's it?

Thanks in advance!

FedChoice 2.49% 72 $523.83 $748.33 $823.16 $898.00 Washington DC Rates | FedChoice Federal Credit Union Membership Eligibility - Join FedChoice | FedChoice Federal Credit Union Strict
1.49% if you're a new member (must be in DC-Metro Area) but you can get their regular rate w/o membership

Instead of applying for membership first, I think what was meant was to just apply directly to the loan to skip the membership phase(but you still need to qualify). Let us know how it goes regardless so we can share your experience with others!

It looks easy, they have an "Unspecified" category in the eligibility requirements, can you give it a try and let me know? If you can, apply directly for the loan and skip the membership.

The site's running extremely slow..getting timeout errors

EDIT, eventually got it to go thru, with a confirmation number I'll report back.

Last edited:
Just added ActorsFCU -- has amazing rates: Auto Loans - Actors FCU + there's an additional .25% reduction if you autodebit.

Might have significant loops though:
May require 10% of loan in a savings account, must open savings first, be a member of a listed organization, auto debit has .25% off basic rate, found free to join org: Songwriters Guild of America

Eligibility link: Who We Are - Actors FCU

Your 48 month loan could be 1.34% after auto debit

Hi everyone,

This community has helped me tremendously on my Model 3 ownership journey and I thought I'd give back with this spreadsheet.

This spreadsheet pulls rates directly from the credit union's website hourly, so you're always getting the latest rates, because as you know, they change quite often these days!

The loan comparison google spreadsheet: Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Auto Update Rates

How to use the spreadsheet youtube (best viewed in 1080p): Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Updates Hourly

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make the spreadsheet easier to use.

For now, this spreadsheet only contains US credit unions but if you know of great rates in other countries, let me know and I'll add it.

My mission is to help anyone who's interested in buying a Tesla or EVs -- let's all help each other out!

Blessings,
Khoa

My Credit Union Fairwinds Credit Union in Central Florida blew away all other rates including Tesla, when I purchased my MS.

Please add them to your list.

Let's steer you in the right direction.

Note the 36 month special at .89% :D

Last edited:
Reactions: T3slaMecca
Long time lurker, I just got financing with Aspire Federal Credit Union for 1.99% for a 60 month loan with their green car discount. I didn't see the deal posted on their website, but someone posted about it here. So I applied for the loan and the next day got a call. The rep was super friendly and helped me get the low rate.

Hi RNateG,

I called Aspire FCU a few mins back and the person answering the call had no idea about the green car discount.
I'm not seeing this discount mentioned anywhere on their website either.
Do you have some more info that i can use to gt this rate discount?

Thanks,
Iroh.

LS originally approved me at 3.69% unsecured. SDMCU offered me 2.49% secured. LS did the beat. 2.39% unsecured.

How did you get the match with LS? What information did you need to provide from SDMCU? I got approved for 2.49% from SDMCU but only have screenshots from the website saying I was approved and what the application terms were (amount and duration), not the rate. I am also approved with LS, but there is no phone number and I haven't received any answers to my emails to LS.

I got matched yesterday and my delivery is scheduled for the day after tomorrow, so I'm rushing through things.

How did you get the match with LS? What information did you need to provide from SDMCU? I got approved for 2.49% from SDMCU but only have screenshots from the website saying I was approved and what the application terms were (amount and duration), not the rate. I am also approved with LS, but there is no phone number and I haven't received any answers to my emails to LS.

I got matched yesterday and my delivery is scheduled for the day after tomorrow, so I'm rushing through things.

Already replied to your PM. So the message on their website doesn't have the rate? My approval was in the form of a message on their website. I created a PDF of that message, and sent it to LS. The only way you're going to get LS to match is if you have documentation of the approval that shows the length, amount and APR of the SDMCU rate.

LS's phone number is 866.635.1330. If you call them and tell them you want a match they will tell you to send in the documentation, and that may make things go quicker once they have it. But that documentation from SDMCU is key. It's the only golden ticket that will work.

Hi RNateG,

I called Aspire FCU a few mins back and the person answering the call had no idea about the green car discount.
I'm not seeing this discount mentioned anywhere on their website either.
Do you have some more info that i can use to gt this rate discount?

Thanks,
Iroh.

I found a really old link about the green car discount (2011 though): Go Green to Get Green | Aspire Federal Credit Union

Note that the credit union has 2.5* on yelp and may have untrained staff according to reviews: Aspire Federal Credit Union - Clark, NJ

pinging @RandomNateGuy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.