Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of a lot of hoop jumping, I got lucky and they matched with just a PDF of a pre-approval from another CU.

Absolutely having an unsecured loan has lots of advantages but the individual borrower has to decide if the extra hassle is worth it.

I submitted my application to Sharonview Federal Credit Union this morning and got an approval in a few hours for 1.99% for 60 months. I probably will stay with it instead of going thru LightStream.

If Lightstream had approved me for a secured loan, I would do the same since it’s less than a $200 difference in interest between them and Sharonview really has been very easy to work with. But mine was unsecured and that had value to me.

FYI that Lightstream called me today at 2 pm, noting that “nobody has spoken with you during this entire process” and asked if I had any questions or needed to make the changes before they send off the funds today. Internally, I chuckled thinking that NOW they call me after I’ve signed on the dotted line versus while they were trying to win my business. Aren’t most businesses the other way around?!? Lol

Have an application into Municipal Credit Union for the loan. Luckily I fit the requirements for membership so that was quick. Worried the loan might not be finished in time because of the holidays. Taking home delivery on Monday 11/26. Will report back on timeliness and rates.

I couldn't figure out how to update the spreadsheet, but I was just approved for 2.25 (with their checking account) or 2.99 (no checking) for up to 84 months through Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union. It looks like you can pick any term. This rate is for a credit score of 700 or higher. If you don't meet the residential requirements, you can join the North Carolina Consumer Council to join. I think it was about $20 to join. They will have to mail you a packet though, so the turnaround can be a little slow.

Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union-A Credit Union based in North Carolina serving Charlotte, NC Gastonia, NC Monroe, NC Matthews, NC. Not for Profit Financial Institution offering low rate car loans, low rate credit cards earning rewards and no annual fee, very low fees, high interest deposits, free identity theft protection, low rate home equity loans with no closing costs, low rate mortgage loans, earn 1% interest on checking

I couldn't figure out how to update the spreadsheet, but I was just approved for 2.25 (with their checking account) or 2.99 (no checking) for up to 84 months through Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union. It looks like you can pick any term. This rate is for a credit score of 700 or higher. If you don't meet the residential requirements, you can join the North Carolina Consumer Council to join. I think it was about $20 to join. They will have to mail you a packet though, so the turnaround can be a little slow.

Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union-A Credit Union based in North Carolina serving Charlotte, NC Gastonia, NC Monroe, NC Matthews, NC. Not for Profit Financial Institution offering low rate car loans, low rate credit cards earning rewards and no annual fee, very low fees, high interest deposits, free identity theft protection, low rate home equity loans with no closing costs, low rate mortgage loans, earn 1% interest on checking
Great rate! Thanks for the heads up, I'll have it added to the sheet. btw, do you know how long the rate is locked for? 30 days?

Looks like you can join NCCC instantly via: Join Online

Last edited:
Have an application into Municipal Credit Union for the loan. Luckily I fit the requirements for membership so that was quick. Worried the loan might not be finished in time because of the holidays. Taking home delivery on Monday 11/26. Will report back on timeliness and rates.

I got an approval from MCU. It took 2 days for the checking account to setup and 1 day for the loan to approve. However the 60 months is 2.45% instead of 1.95% stated on their website unless you use their trueCar buying service.

This morning I just applied and got approval from Sharonview for 1.99% for 60 months. It's a much easier process.

Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Unit is a great recommendation. I love their rates and terms. I am on their website trying to find a link to complete an application. Do they support online application or do I have to mail the application to the branch?

I got an approval from MCU. It took 2 days for the checking account to setup and 1 day for the loan to approve. However the 60 months is 2.45% instead of 1.95% stated on their website unless you use their trueCar buying service.

This morning I just applied and got approval from Sharonview for 1.99% for 60 months. It's a much easier process.

Thanks, think I will try and go that route as well. Hopefully they can overnight a check if needed.

Quick and painless at lightstream. Was able to rate beat down to 1.89% 60 months unsecured. Friendly quick and painless. They just don't advertise the fastest way to do it. Just call their phone number 6197448100 after you email your approval memo from the other bank and ask them to rate match it. They can talk to the under writers while you wait on hold and match you on the phone. I did it on about 10 minutes.

Quick and painless at lightstream. Was able to rate beat down to 1.89% 60 months unsecured. Friendly quick and painless. They just don't advertise the fastest way to do it. Just call their phone number 6197448100 after you email your approval memo from the other bank and ask them to rate match it. They can talk to the under writers while you wait on hold and match you on the phone. I did it on about 10 minutes.

Nice. I tried and tried and couldn’t find their phone number when I was trying mine. Good Google Ninja skills! Congrats.

Btw, my LightStream loan funds showed up in my checking account this morning. :)

Did you get an approval letter from SharonView? I just got an email saying my loan is approved from them.

How did you guys join SharonView? The Hobby Farmers of America isn't working, and I joined the Charlotte Folk Society, but no email from them yet. However, as I try to join the CU, it doesn't seem to ask me for a membership code?

I just applied the loan without joining anything. After the loan approval, I was suggested to join hobby farmers. Since there is a problem with their website I joined Charlotte folk instead last night but haven’t received any confirmation yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: T3slaMecca
I just applied the loan without joining anything.

I did the same. That application automatically included becoming a member. However, I also live in their field of service, so that makes eligibility easier.

Btw, in chatting with them over the past week, I am very impressed how easy they are to work with and how conveniently they let me do everything online. They even do ATM fee reimbursements on their debit card.

Reactions: sixty
Status
Not open for further replies.