Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We ended up going with Fairwinds for 36 months at 0.75%...but with all the extras it's actually about .92%. Still extremely low, but I just wanted to list the other "fees" you need to take into account:
  • LionNation membership is no longer free. You need to pay $59. It's setup as a recurring fee so you will need to remember to cancel it. Make sure your lionnation account is under the same name you will be applying for the loan with. If it's a joint loan, make sure the primary borrower is the same person that signs up for lionnation.
  • To get a lower rate, you need to open a checking account and autopay the loan from this account. There is a $5 fee for opening the account with a $30 minimum deposit. Again make sure this account is under the primary borrower's name.
  • There is a $45 fee for getting the loan.
  • Florida has some other fee for loans that is about 32 cents for each $100 you borrow. This fee plus the $45 loan fee is rolled into your loan.
The Fairwinds employee working with us is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for all the helpful info on these forms. And thanks to OP for putting together this spreadsheet!!

Hey everyone,

I have 2 model 3's and my employee is trying to buy today before the prices go up. He has a credit score of 740+ but only has ever had 2 credit cards and they are always paid off so when he tried to buy a performance m3 a few months ago they only gave him 25k to finance the car. He's willing to get the long range now instead and is going to try again today.

Questions:

1. If he orders the long range m3 instead of the performance m3 is he more likely to get more of the car covered by the loan?
2. If he isn't successful in getting the car completely covered by the tesla loan, who should he reach out for subsidizing the rest of the car price?
3. Is there any way that I, as his employer, can help provide evidence (from his paychecks etc) that he will be able to pay the loan with any paperwork?

Thanks for any help, love to you all,

Drew

Edit: If it matters we are based in New Jersey.

We ended up going with Fairwinds for 36 months at 0.75%...but with all the extras it's actually about .92%. Still extremely low, but I just wanted to list the other "fees" you need to take into account:
  • LionNation membership is no longer free. You need to pay $59. It's setup as a recurring fee so you will need to remember to cancel it. Make sure your lionnation account is under the same name you will be applying for the loan with. If it's a joint loan, make sure the primary borrower is the same person that signs up for lionnation.
  • To get a lower rate, you need to open a checking account and autopay the loan from this account. There is a $5 fee for opening the account with a $30 minimum deposit. Again make sure this account is under the primary borrower's name.
  • Florida has some other fee for loans that is about 32 cents for each $100 you borrow. This fee plus the $45 loan fee is rolled into your loan.
The Fairwinds employee working with us is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for all the helpful info on these forms. And thanks to OP for putting together this spreadsheet!!

Thank you for the review of you experience with fairwinds.

Questions:
1). How long from contact to approved to cutting check did it take you?

2). Did they need a VIN to approve the loan?

3). Do they send you the check or send to dealer or Tesla HQ?

Appreciate the feedback.

Questions:

Appreciate the feedback.

From my experience:

1) Within ~1 week. A verbal 'you're approved' was given the day after submitting an application.

2) Vin required to issue the check. Preapproval didn't require a VIN, just an amount financed and details of the car (make, model, trim).

3) They'll do either. We were on a tight timeline, so I had them send it first-overnight to the delivery center since I can't get first overnight at home.

Are we not supposed to use the online application at Fairwinds? Mine came back with 3.5% using LionNation membership. fairwinds.jpg

@Kelmn07, @steph280 The online application is like the quick initial prequalification. From my experience and what I read online, you talk to an actual person from Fairwinds to get the lower %. I think they need to verify that you have a checking account with them and get proof of your LionNation membership (which for me was just a screenshot from LionNation after I logged in so that it shows my member ID and my name).
After you fill in the online app, I think they assign you a Loan Officer. I think normally this person will reach out to you first. But we were in a rush so we called in and got in contact with him first.

Reactions: steph280

Questions:

Appreciate the feedback.

1. We were in a rush and were told they need a minimum of 2 business days. This is assuming you have the LionNation membership number already. When I tried to apply for LionNation, their website was not working for a few days. Then when I was able to sign up, it took a half a day before I got my membership number. By the time I got it I think the Fairwinds bank in FL was closed. So keep that in mind. We also ran into some weird errors with our application (my husband's SSN showed he was from Guam and born 10 years earlier than he said he was). I'm not sure how that happened, but again that added some time to our process.
2. You can get a rate without your VIN. But you need your VIN and MVPA before they can cut the check.
3. They send the check to Tesla. Tesla only needs the tracking number for the check in order to release the car to you. They don't need the physical check in their hands. This is what both Tesla and my Loan Officer at Fairwinds told me (apparently Fairwinds and Telsa have been working together a lot lately :D). I have yet to pick up my car though.

• Informative
Reactions: sygyzy
Hi All,

Has anyone found anything better than the 3% for a 72month loan from Carolina Coop Cu that is open to members elsewhere? I just received my M3 and want to take advantage of Tesla's rate match.

Located in Oregon

We just got the 0.89% (for 36mo) from Fairwinds, similar to SoCalMom above. Straightforward and simple process over the phone (and email). We're in Seattle, and she told me they've been doing lots of Tesla deals from around the country.

Stephanie at Fairwinds: 407-277-5045 x10240

We just got the 0.89% (for 36mo) from Fairwinds, similar to SoCalMom above. Straightforward and simple process over the phone (and email). We're in Seattle, and she told me they've been doing lots of Tesla deals from around the country.

Stephanie at Fairwinds: 407-277-5045 x10240

Are they only offering 3-4 year deals? I would like the flexibility of a longer deal if possible and its funny as I am a current member of FW from when I lived in Florida.

Also got the 0.75%. LionNation membership was free as of today which was a nice surprise (almost clicked "Buy Premium" before seeing I could already get a membership number).

Currently waiting for my Fairwinds account to be verified (but been in touch with the loan officer and all my docs have been sent over etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.