Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you do that if you’re in ca and can easily get 1.99 through a cu? If you don’t want to stick with the cu, show Tesla your approval letter and have them match it.. I don’t get it.

I didn't see EECU when I was searching for loans. I thought I had more time while waiting for my LR AWD, but then a sleeper became available sooner, so it became a rush getting a competitive loan. Considering the short time frame I had to work with SFCU did a good job. Just wasn't the lowest rate.

I didn't see EECU when I was searching for loans. I thought I had more time while waiting for my LR AWD, but then a sleeper became available sooner, so it became a rush getting a competitive loan. Considering the short time frame I had to work with SFCU did a good job. Just wasn't the lowest rate.
Tesla will still match it after delivery within 7 days and send you a check for the difference in total interest over the loan. Best Rate Guarantee

Tesla kinda dragging to respond. I still don’t have a VIN and didn’t apply for financing thru Tesla. Applied thru EECU and got the preapproval letter in my inbox. Should I apply for financing now thru Tesla or make sure they’ll match the 1.99%?

Also, if I’m understanding correctly, Tesla financing may be better because there is no early payoff fee? I also don’t feel like opening another checking and savings account thru EECU.

Tesla kinda dragging to respond. I still don’t have a VIN and didn’t apply for financing thru Tesla. Applied thru EECU and got the preapproval letter in my inbox. Should I apply for financing now thru Tesla or make sure they’ll match the 1.99%?

Also, if I’m understanding correctly, Tesla financing may be better because there is no early payoff fee? I also don’t feel like opening another checking and savings account thru EECU.
Yep - apply for financing through Tesla, (i think the lowest i've seen them go is 3.24) once you get approved, send your EECU approval letter to [email protected] with a short description asking for a match. They usually get back to you in 1 business day.

Is
Yep - apply for financing through Tesla, (i think the lowest i've seen them go is 3.24) once you get approved, send your EECU approval letter to [email protected] with a short description asking for a match. They usually get back to you in 1 business day.
this gonna kill my credit? I have an 800+ credit score and don’t want two different places pulling my credit. I also had a background check done with credit report for new place too.

Tesla's loan rate was first posted on my account at 3.7% for TD Auto, then it was updated the next morning to 3.5% by Wells Fargo Auto. I applied directly to BofA and got approved for 3.24%, so I emailed Tesla's Rate Match and they matched and updated it on the Account page. BTW my registration also includes my company name, so it may have had a higher rate because of that. My Credit score is 835.

FYI, Lightstream has been getting difficult compared to the past when I got a loan with them back in the days (circa 2018). Now, they want a Truth in Lending statement (loan agreement would've been technically eligible too) compared to just accepting an e-mail confirming the loan terms, rate, and amount, but what sealed the fate of not able to go with them is that the matching loan must be unsecured, meaning no lien. It used to be that they didn't care. Now Lightstream cares. Therefore, I am grateful that I'm still able to get a 2.49% APR financing at USPTO's PTO FCU for 60 months (they offered 1.99% APR for 48 months). Before anybody asks, PTOFCU requires membership with conditional requirements.

Still don’t know why some of you in LA aren’t looking at LAFCU. 2.74% and no first payment for 90 days is huge.

take the money you’re saving in 3 months of car payments, add $50 for the referral signup and put that money towards an IRA or Roth and in 5 years you’ll make 6-8% compounding every year!

Status
Not open for further replies.