Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not accept at 2.49. Dropped them a message and they will get back to you in a few hours with a lower rate assuming you have great credit. Good luck!
Thank you! So I just have to message the finance team and ask for a lower rate ? Would this rate automatically be applied to my account? So I could proceed completing my profile afterwards if I do get a better rate. Also do you happen to have that email ?:) ty!

Thank you! So I just have to message the finance team and ask for a lower rate ? Would this rate automatically be applied to my account? So I could proceed completing my profile afterwards if I do get a better rate. Also do you happen to have that email ?:) ty!
Yes somewhere on this thread there's the contact email. I just literally wrote them a pleasant line asking for a lower rate (expecting 2.00 or low 2s) and the best they gave me was 2.14%. Saves a few hundred bucks for a single line of email ;) Good luck!

Yes somewhere on this thread there's the contact email. I just literally wrote them a pleasant line asking for a lower rate (expecting 2.00 or low 2s) and the best they gave me was 2.14%. Saves a few hundred bucks for a single line of email ;) Good luck!

thank you for your help ! This is the first loan I will be applying for and I want to make sure I am doing it correctly !:)

Reactions: c4Lvin
Me too! I've never had a Car Loan before so it's my first. The 2.49 was US Bank. Then 2.14 was JP Morgan Chase. Good luck and keep us posted!

you should feel good about that rate

was originally given 2.49 wells fargo and emailed them to kindly find lower rate

they came back with chase at 2.29.....dont want multiple hard hits on my credit so i just accepted it last month

you should feel good about that rate

was originally given 2.49 wells fargo and emailed them to kindly find lower rate

they came back with chase at 2.29.....dont want multiple hard hits on my credit so i just accepted it last month

just completed my financing today. i asked them to pair me with a bank with the lowest rate (I gave them a list of various banks) and it seems BMO Harris has the lowest rate. I was able to get a 2.14% rate for 72 months with them. You can run loan applications through various banks all within 15 days and they will all count as one hard inquiry. If you're comfortable with the 2.29 rate, take it otherwise, shoot them another email asking if they can go lower and you can even apply to other 3rd party banks if you think you can get something lower and if you're in this same 15 day window as when you applied with Tesla and your credit wont take too much of a hit since it'll only count as one hard inquiry.

As a reference for anyone trying to negotiate the rate with Tesla, below is a screenshot of the email I sent them and they sent over a new loan offer in about 15 minutes

upload_2020-12-16_19-27-32.png

Last edited:
im outside that 15 day window

my car is actually ready for pick up in burbank but i will have to go friday (day off) to pick it up

everything is all set for my delivery (final payment/loan agreement/etc.)....dont want to risk anything to delay my pick up any further, but thanks for the heads up on the 15 day hard inquiry rule

Reactions: imola.zhp
Regarding the auto loan from the North Carolina CU, anyone knows how their approval process works? 1.99% is great but not sure how to be qualified for it. Is that hard to get the 1.99% rate? I have a FICO score 770+ for all three credit bureaus but what are the ideal dept-to-income ratio or other factors they expect? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.