Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla might build convenience stores at its Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only ever been to 2 Superchargers.

1 in Woodstock, Ontario which has a Wendy's and a (very stereotypically Canadian) Tim Hortons.

The other in Port Huron where they have a great restaurant Freighters next door. I couldn't imagine going to a Supercharger that has nothing, so it's a great idea.

Don't they already have most superchargers strategically positioned near rest stops, shopping areas, restaurants? Not sure I see the point to this.
there are a handful of chargers that aren't near much of anything and many that are isolated in off hours. that said IMHO tesla would be better off partnering with C-stores rather than building and operating their own shops.

there are a handful of chargers that aren't near much of anything and many that are isolated in off hours. that said IMHO tesla would be better off partnering with C-stores rather than building and operating their own shops.

You are absolutely right. Following quote from the article explains Tesla's intent and echos your thought:

"Straubel reportedly showed the audience mock-ups of service stop designs, which had begun to resemble traditional convenience stores. Not that Tesla will get into the business itself -- instead, it would seek partners to run them. Straubel noted that the company has already been working with restaurants, and "That can only start scaling up."

and from another article:

"Partnering with restaurants and a convenience-store chain could open up a new revenue stream for the California-based company, while simultaneously making Supercharger stations a compelling aspect of the Tesla experience, rather than an unfortunate chore that drivers have to suffer through."

IMHO It is all about improving our experience.

Last edited: