Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla missed my delivery dates TWICE!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original delivery date was 7/14/2018 @ Costa Mesa Delivery Center. They called a day in ahead and gave me an update. Everything was good except my car was still in SF. I was thinking that they were rushing for delivering more and more vehicles so they might have missed mine. I was told the vehicle should be ready on Weds (7/18), so we re-scheduled the delivery to today (7/19). Until this morning, I didn't receive any call or anything so I took my day off and drove there. Then 30 mins before my delivery appointment while I was in traffic on the way to the delivery center, they called again saying they didn't have my car, and they didn't even know why. And this time they couldn't even come up with any ETA or nothing. What in the earth are you guys doing Tesla?! :mad:

Anyone experienced similar situation? Any way I can file a complaint to them about it?

I will most likely be in the same situation in a couple of days; my first delivery date was missed, and I was rescheduled for this Saturday. However, when I asked where the car was, they said their tracking system was unreliable and didn't really have a way to know when it would make it.

A complaint won't get you the car any faster I am afraid.

It would be nice though if we had a live tracker of sort, so we don't need to patiently wait for the calls that the car is on time or late.

By complaining, I had no mean that I could get my car faster, but at least to tell them "hey, you gotta fix this problem."

I think they know, all the way up to Elon, who had identified months ago the delivery process to become the next bottleneck when they reach 5k/week production levels

if you want to file a complaint, twitter seems to be the only medium they respond to these days

Yeah, had a woman who was not my ISA call to ask if I was going to have a check for them for the delivery which was scheduled in *12 hours*. I laughed and said no, financing is through USAA and she gave me a lot of attitude and told me a bunch of stuff that turned out to be not true which basically boiled down to me faxing in my OWN dealer funding request and somehow producing money in my account with no proof of title, and then doing an ACH transfer to them. And I told her I was going out of town soon and the only date I could guarantee to reschedule to was 1 week off because my wife was not working that day. And she scoffed and told me they couldn't 'hold' a car that long.

Caused me a bunch of anxiety for nothing because an hour later, the delivery folks called me to ALSO postpone my delivery because they were supposedly backlogged on cars.

Actually, it turned out "my" car had software issues and they gave me a new VIN.

My ISA had been out of town but when he came back he said my financing was no big deal, the woman who called was mistaken, and... drumroll please, my pickup was rescheduled for the very day she told me they "couldn't possibly" hold a car until.

picked it up this morning.

Reactions: SpudLime