Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But their SW and app are basically sh****, according to forum members here. And one of the YouTube reviews shows a major limitation in terms of miles/kwh.
It's not perfect.

But, as a run around it's absolutely fine.

Range in the summer is pretty much spot on Vs. cars estimate. When it is cold the range does take a major hit.

Build quality of the Peugeot is very good indeed - certainly better than my Chinese Model 3.

Huge difference in dealer / manufacturer - customer experience though. Tesla have been appalling, Peugeot have been straightforward and helpful.

Huge difference in dealer / manufacturer - customer experience though.
Hard for me to comment as I had fantastic experience with Tesla for the last 3 years and I genuinely hope there is not going to be any major problem with my Y and don’t have to experience that poor customer service. But I agree Tesla can improve on that. I never had a Peugeot other than a rental 5008 which I really loved it and if I am in a mood might just buy the 2008 electric or petrol. But heard on this forum from @Jason71 they are terrible on the whole. He comes across very sensible on this forum so may think twice before buying one.

Hard for me to comment as I had fantastic experience with Tesla for the last 3 years and I genuinely hope there is not going to be any major problem with my Y and don’t have to experience that poor customer service. But I agree Tesla can improve on that. I never had a Peugeot other than a rental 5008 which I really loved it and if I am in a mood might just buy the 2008 electric or petrol. But heard on this forum from @Jason71 they are terrible on the whole. He comes across very sensible on this forum so may think twice before buying one.
Are you sure it was me? I don't have and have never had an electric Peugeot. the 208e was on the short list for second EV and we got as far as sitting in one but ultimately got a Fiat500e. Which is fine as a local runabout. App is not as good as Tesla's but it does actually work reliably so no real complaints. Which is how low the bar is among EV apps that working most of the time makes it a good one 🤣 .
I'll take the sensible as a compliment though :).

I meant Peugeot in general - you somewhere mentioned your previous car was a Peugeot?
Oh I see. I do have a 108 which is my first Peugeot in 25 years and is pretty much as you would expect given that they are one of the cheapest cars you can buy. I don't recall rubbishing it on here but it is pretty awful to drive after any EV let alone a Tesla. Very cheap to insure though for a teenager which was the point of it.

I meant Peugeot in general - you somewhere mentioned your previous car was a Peugeot?
Peugeot have moved on considerably....indeed are quite recently under completely different ownership!

As I said, their EVs are not perfect, but the e208 is (IMHO) and attractive, well built and nicely appointed car ...ideal as a daily run-about.

(My wife has a Fiat 500e....again, it does what it needs to do as a run about. She is not bothered about the app functionality, just pottering about which it does admirably.....and again, the dealership experience was, and continues to be, light years ahead of the pain I have suffered at the hands of Tesla.).

but the e208 is (IMHO) and attractive, well built and nicely appointed car ...ideal as a daily run-about.
I thought of the same but still overpriced compared to a petrol version especially the older batteries with around WLTP of 200miles. May be the newer one with 252 WLTP may be worth for the money but just think of a new M3 with around 350miles WLTP for £39,990 then you doubt whether e208 is all worth?

I thought of the same but still overpriced compared to a petrol version especially the older batteries with around WLTP of 200miles. May be the newer one with 252 WLTP may be worth for the money but just think of a new M3 with around 350miles WLTP for £39,990 then you doubt whether e208 is all worth?
Overpriced if you buy new / pay list.

My son bought a 5 month old car with less than 2000 miles on the clock for £20k....buying new...especially EV's...is for mugs.

Last edited: