Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 2019 not driving as smooth as before

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Had a bit of an accident with my model 3 a few months ago. Swerved into a curb to avoid having a major crash and damaged both front and rear drivers side rims and tyres. The drive just hasn’t been the same at high speeds since that. When driving around town it’s fine but when doing over 50mph the drive isn’t as smooth as it was. Had new tyres fitted and rims repaired and the problems has got better but it’s still not as smooth as it was when going at high speeds. Just feels like a really rough drive now. Any ideas what may be the cause?

Thanks guys

I’m in Cyprus where we don’t have Tesla Service repair. Can any garage be able to look at it?
I believe suspension issues can be dealt with by non Tesla shops that are competent with suspensions.

In fact, I would put forth that suspension issues are best dealt with by non tesla shops that are familiar with suspensions, avoiding Tesla entirely unless the issue is a warranty one (which this wouldnt be even if you had Tesla shops there)

Ok thanks for that really appreciate your help. Also don’t think I should get the rims looked at again and the wheels balanced just in case it’s that?

I missed that you said "rims repaired"

Had new tyres fitted and rims repaired
If it were me I would probably "replace" not "repair" the rims, and get mounted and balanced, and have alignment checked, then see if the problem goes away.

If it were me I would probably "replace" not "repair" the rims, and get mounted and balanced, and have alignment checked, then see if the problem goes away.

Ye I’m trying to avoid paying the price for rims as they are expensive. When going at slow speeds over speed bumps there is no issue at all would that rule out the suspension?

Thanks again

Ye I’m trying to avoid paying the price for rims as they are expensive. When going at slow speeds over speed bumps there is no issue at all would that rule out the suspension?

Thanks again

I dont know, but I dont think that rules anything out. You are having a ride quality issue, and have "repaired" rims when you mention you hit a curb. You should start with assuming "repaired" rims are causing your problem, and proving they arent.