Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 And Model Y Prices Go Up Again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
The least expensive version starts now at over $40,000, deducting DST.

Not much time has passed since Tesla’s last price increase in the U.S. (around April 9) and today, prices of the Model 3 and Model Y changed again.

This time, the non-performance versions went up by $500:

Model 3 Standard Range Plus: up $500 from $38,490 to $38,990Model 3 Long Range AWD: up $500 from $47,490 to $47,990Model 3 Perf. LR AWD 20″: no change ($56,990)Model Y Long Range AWD 19″: up $500 from $50,490 to $50,990Model Y Perf. LR AWD 21″: no change ($60,990)

On top of that is of course the $1,200 destination and handling, which makes the least expensive Tesla a $40,000 car (we ignore any invisible versions that may be or might be not available through direct contact with the...

Continue reading...

All cars, regardless of brand, have gone up in the last few months. Go to a dealer's lot and notice the lack of inventory caused by slow demand during the pandemic reducing production and now by the chip shortage. And these car dealers know the supply of new cars is constrained, so they are not negotiating the price down to make sale numbers, and in some cases, adding markups. So, if you can't wait 2 years or so for production to increase they are going to take advantage of the situation.

It is the basic law of supply and demand, and capitalism.

I guess I bought it at just the right time. It was listed at 37990 when I put the deposit down, went down to 36990 while I waited and they gave me the lower price. I think that price lasted for an instant. It was still a 2021 with all the latest updates. Maybe there's a new feature or two in them now? Who knows.