Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I got my second call from Tesla today
Delivery confirmed
I'll be picking up on Friday 27 Sept Auckland
Had the option to pick up sooner or after hours
To busy at work, opted to keep placeholder appointment .

No rego yet
Checked carjam has a WOF now

Managed to get hold of Vero
Insurance about $2000. Per yr.....ouch

Getting close now, excitment levels rising!

Wow wow wow this car is so incredible
Words fail me. So worth waiting for.

Friday Auckland store extremely busy
There was 4 others picking up cars when I was there
Standing room only in the owners lounge.
Staff handling the numbers well from what I could see
Although they were extremely busy they still somehow made you feel
you and your car were important and had time to answer any questions that wasn’t covered
In the run through

Reactions: Thekiwi
It is so frustrating, I ordered a P- and are a day 1 reservation holder, I then wanted to change colour the day after the P- was replaced by the LR AWD. I rang the help line and they assured me no significant delay if I swapped models and I would have the car, at the latest, by the end of September, since then No VIN, no contact at all. I have asked once for an update and said that I would be willing to take a P- if this would be an earlier delivery date, they said 4 weeks ago that they would get back to me and.......... nothing. Just the most horrible company to deal with, I don’t mind the delay as such, would just like an update as I need to hire a car until my M3 arrives.

Got the car today, followed a Model 3 half the way through the city which was a conincidence.

At the showroom and they had quite a few people taking delivery.

All the delivery workers seemed cheerful, unfortunately we got a bit of a grumpus and the delivery felt rushed and kinda took away from the moment.

The car, and the screen especially, seemed so small - much smaller than I imagined. No panel gaps or scratches, although some rubber sealings seemed a bit floppy and not attached very well on the doors, and the back of the car was dusty and not well cleaned.

Driving home was a trip! Blasted up a steep hill to my street with ease, unlike my old Prius which normally struggled up! Overall, a lot of fun and yeah worth the wait.

Setting up stuff has been easy and I knew my way around well after watching so many videos.

Set up my little UMC charging station at home and all good to go.

Reactions: Miggy