Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the very few days I've had my car
I noticed:
Free Tesla Destination chargers at Mitre10 mega
Hunting lodge Destination charger when I eventually found it
it's blocked by giant pizza oven. Staff couldn't give a flying F***
thankfully I had enough charge.
lesson learned and spent my $$ elsewhere, shame it looked like a nice place
for lunch.
Only 1 reversing light (like the UK cars)
Homelink is missing
spotted 4 other model 3 on Saturday!

The car is ammazzzing!

You guys still waiting
it's so worth the wait

last night I connected to wi-fi
Enabled advanced software updates
This morning got a notification software update available
installed software update
Few clicks, pop, whirring sounds..... version 10 baby!

phone app is 3.10
looks like I got everything except for smart summon :(
V10.0 2019.32.11

Last edited:
Just got v10 this morning as well.
Haven't had much of a play but the most obvious thing on the drive to work was it shows dashed vs solid lines on the road.

Saw 3 other 3's in the Tron over the weekend so they're getting out there slowly; not fast enough for those still waiting I'm sure.

Just got off the phone with a sales person...rightfully so, they're holding what they have to be offered to any long range AWD orders that might want to expedite their delivery and take the P- instead. They've put me down on a list (currently only myself and one other!) so once they finish getting in contact with all the LR AWD buyers they can let me know if there's any left.

Well as a day 1 Reservation holder with a LR AWD order who has asked for a P- on 3 occasions over the last 4 weeks I rang them when I saw the above. Sadly I was told that they had a limited stock of Surplus vehicles which just today have been fully allocated. Apparently there was no record of my requests, sadly TESLA have made this the most awful experience, just so annoying as I want the car so will just have to put up with it.

Well as a day 1 Reservation holder with a LR AWD order who has asked for a P- on 3 occasions over the last 4 weeks I rang them when I saw the above. Sadly I was told that they had a limited stock of Surplus vehicles which just today have been fully allocated. Apparently there was no record of my requests, sadly TESLA have made this the most awful experience, just so annoying as I want the car so will just have to put up with it.
To be fair, if you've got a LR AWD order then that means your order wasn't in the first batch. Since they only just started offering surplus P- cars to LR AWD orders in the last week then you shouldn't be too surprised that you don't have your car yet.

FWIW, I've had a reservation for a couple years but I don't currently have an order placed.

We're looking at end of quarter registrations here NZ Model 3 Registrations

A few things: 398 for the quarter found. We don't have confirmed Sep registration dates for the last ten or so on there - should get those today. We'll have missed some private plates so I expect the number to be higher - likely over 400.

Given the relatively low number for yesterday I think we've missed the start of a whole new range of plates. Can anyone confirm a pickup (or sighting) yesterday that's not on our list????

We're looking at end of quarter registrations here NZ Model 3 Registrations

A few things: 398 for the quarter found. We don't have confirmed Sep registration dates for the last ten or so on there - should get those today. We'll have missed some private plates so I expect the number to be higher - likely over 400.

Given the relatively low number for yesterday I think we've missed the start of a whole new range of plates. Can anyone confirm a pickup (or sighting) yesterday that's not on our list????

Just wanted to say a big thank you for making this resource available to all.

Reactions: daveh_nz and Miggy