Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (Model 3) in the Maritimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I am in Halifax also, and booked shortly after online went live. Really excited!

Jeff Dahn [Li-ion pioneer @ dal partnering with Tesla] has confirmed he has booked a model 3 also, so that should give us some confidence the network will be built out!

Nice! I would think Tesla would give Mr. Dahn a Model S as part of his employment/partnership! How do you know he reserved a Model 3?

Yeah I might have thought Tesla would do that also. Here's an article which mentions Jeff making a reservation:

Dal battery researcher Jeff Dahn honoured with inaugural Governor General's Innovation Award

"While the market for electric cars seems to be finally growing beyond its niche base (Dr. Dahn and his wife, Kathy, joined the nearly 400,000 to pre-order a new Tesla Model 3)..."

Our thread is getting old at this point. Still no Tesla locations in our neck of the woods and although I'd be willing to drive one home from Quebec, it is a real hinderance not having any promise of supercharging or service in the Maritimes yet. Also disappointing our provinces haven't made any effort to support EV adoption yet.

Did anyone ever start a Facebook group?

Our thread is getting old at this point. Still no Tesla locations in our neck of the woods and although I'd be willing to drive one home from Quebec, it is a real hinderance not having any promise of supercharging or service in the Maritimes yet. Also disappointing our provinces haven't made any effort to support EV adoption yet.

Did anyone ever start a Facebook group?
Actually not quite true about the effort to support ev adoption. See the thread on the new ChaDeMo's being built in NB. Thread is called New Brunswick Charging (sorry do not know how to link the thread!).

But you are right about Tesla, they have completely ignored the Maritimes, much to the chagrin of this displaced Nova Scotian! In fact, as a form of protest I bought a Volt instead of waiting for the Model 3.:confused:

There are now two Tesla charging stations in Nova Scotia's smallest town - Annapolis Royal. Tesla provided the hardware and the town is paying for the electricity. These are not superchargers, of course. Not sure of their capacity.... I'll get more informed as my car reservation date approaches. I'm one of the people who lined up in the rain in Montreal (closest place to reserve when I lived in Ottawa).

Actually not quite true about the effort to support ev adoption. See the thread on the new ChaDeMo's being built in NB. Thread is called New Brunswick Charging (sorry do not know how to link the thread!).

But you are right about Tesla, they have completely ignored the Maritimes, much to the chagrin of this displaced Nova Scotian! In fact, as a form of protest I bought a Volt instead of waiting for the Model 3.:confused:
I feel your pain.