Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (Model 3) in the Maritimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plenty of time between March 31 and an actual delivery... I think that putting down the deposit is the best plan for the moment as you can always cancel if the service center and supercharger situation doesn't improve to your liking. Given the mass-market appeal of the Model 3, I have to think that Tesla's presence will expand quite significantly too!

Anyone else in Halifax or elsewhere in the Maritimes daring to consider a Model 3 given the absence of superchargers and service centres in our neck of the woods?
I'm in the same situation in SK. I'm going to put in a reservation, but if neither one of those things is in place by the time I get to order I'm going to cancel.

Yeah I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I guess it's all we can do, really.
I'm putting in a reservation. Have dreamed of owning a Tesla for years, and the Model 3 will hopefully put it within reach.
Very concerned/disappointed about the lack of progress deploying SC in Atlantic Canada, but surely we'll get one and a Service Centre in the Halifax-Truro corridor by the shipping date.

You guys seem to have this covered. If they were available today, I'd recommend holding off.
However, since it will likely be closer to 2 (or even 3) years before the cars become widely available, I say put a reservation down if you're interested in a Model 3. Get your name in the queue and if Tesla infrastructure doesn't suit your needs when your number comes up, cancel it.

I placed a reservation last night before the unveil. Elon's comments during the presentation about doubling superchargers and service centres is a good sign. I'm sure the world map behind him was just marketing placeholders, but there were definitely points of light in the Maritimes on the map (whether superchargers or destination chargers, can't say).

I live in in Halifax (Middle Sackville), and I reserved a Model 3 on April 6th. I'm not worried about a service center being built in NS and I doubt it will happen soon as there is no government electric car rebate. I'm betting on a supercharger in Truro and hopefully a couple in NB so we can zip to Montreal for service if need be. Honestly I'm just taking the risk and hoping nothing goes wrong in the first few years with the car. I wouldn't buy their "service package" anyway. It seems to be just a diagnostic, wiper blades and washer fluid.

Face_Disguise you ordered one? Did you register it one the Model 3 tracker site? I see two others in Halifax in addition to mine.

So pumped.

Yes, I placed my order on March 31, just before the reveal, so I would guesstimate that I am somewhere around 100,000 in line. I'm in Bedford (sort of). I wonder how many of us there are. It would be nice to put together a Facebook group or something.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, I imagine there must be a few more. I would join a group for sure.

I figure that my order is around 310,000-320,000 so I'll be waiting a while longer than you. Although they said that it will be starting in the west and moving east, and we are about as far east from California as you can get so who knows.

Yeah, optimistically I am hoping to see it before the end of 2018. I am fine with that, as it gives me more time to save up, and Tesla more time to build out the infrastructure. If we get a few more people posting in here from the Maritimes, I'll look at setting up a group.

Yes, the dollar is a huge issue! If the Model 3 could start under $40k CAD I'd be pleased with that.

I'm hoping my old 2002 Accord will survive until my Model 3 is ready...It just passed safety inspection, so hopefully it'll hold out for another 2 years without too much need for repairs.

Such a tough question - it all depends on the cost of each option! I think winter package for sure. If the only way to get supercharger access is to pay for it up front, I will definitely get that. But given how little i would probably use them, if they have a pay as you go model that is reasonable, I might just decide to do that. Performance model, definitely not, and same for air suspension. I would consider premium sound if it was maybe an extra $1000, but probably not at $2500 like on Model S. I'm also hoping that 19" wheels are the standard, or at minimum 18" wheels. If it comes with 17" on the base model, I might look at upgrading that. Then again, it might be cheaper to just get aftermarket wheels, not sure!

The battery size is the big question - depends on what they offer and at what cost (and whether they improve upon the 215 mile range of the base model as Elon indicated they were attempting to do).