Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (Model 3) in the Maritimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping that the Maritimes does get a build out within the next several years. I am a transplanted Bluenoser and hope to retire back there in 5 years or so.

I received an encouraging reply from Tesla concerning my suggestion that they should now extend the network into the Maritimes:

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your email. Although we do not yet have a Supercharger Station in Newfoundland, we are certainly committed to establishing the Supercharger Network throughout Eastern Canada. We are scouting for locations in Eastern Canada, but we are still in the early stages of deployment. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates for future sites, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can.

Please visit our Interactive Supercharger Map to explore existing Supercharger Stations and our up-to-date plans for the Network’s 2017 expansion. We appreciate your patience and enthusiasm in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:03 PM
To: Supercharger <Supercharger<at>teslamotors.com>
Subject: Canadian Maritime Tour?

Congratulations on your continued successes!

The USA is getting well built out, and I especially appreciated the permit appearing near Corning NY, which was my previous suggestion to you as a priority.

So, now that you have a relationship with Jeff Dahn and Dalhousie Univ. that is reportedly bearing fruit, isn't it time to extend the supercharger network up though Frederickton, Saint John, Moncton, Truro, and Halifax, and maybe even Sydney for the boat to Newfoundland?

Thom Moore

P26474
--
Thomas Earle Moore
2988 Valley View Rd.
Annapolis MD 21401 USA

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff and doubeld
Actually that is a bit more encouraging because about six months ago I wrote complaining about the removal of the Woodstock, NB site from the future Supercharger map and I got a polite but generic response, but looking back at it again now I realize that I may have sent it to the wrong persons.

Anyone else thinking of cancelling with they don't get a Service Center in Moncton or Halifax?

Sending a car to Montreal to be serviced just isn't feasible

If you're referring to a Model 3 reservation dc, I'd hang in a bit longer...I think Tesla knows they do in fact need a Service Center somewhere in the Maritimes...I'd like to think that they will be working on this before the Model 3 starts entering Canada in earnest...

To me, it makes little sense to hook up the Supercharger Network across Canada (a big plus for Model 3 sales), then eliminate that plus by not having anywhere to service these cars out East...also, the Maritimes is a very popular destination for Tesla owners from Ontario & Quebec...it would give us extra assurance that Tesla would be able to handle any issues that arose with our cars whilst we're out there visiting / vacationing.