Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Max tire size 235/50/r18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Just wanted to make a post with the 2022 Tesla Model 3 LR max tire size that fits without a lift and without rubbing! I threw on a set of Falken Wildpeak AT trail tires in 235/50/r18 on the stock model 3 wheels. I am still planning on lifting it for a little more ground clearance but just throwing these tires on added about an inch. I don't think you will be able to fit a tire any bigger then this without some major spacers and wheel offsets due to the upper control arm having very little clearance but i'm definitely happy with it! See Photos!

IMG_4464.jpeg
IMG_4468.jpeg
IMG_4467.jpeg

Nice!

Yeah with factory 18s being 26.3” and the tallest under the front knuckle being about 27.2ish, a modest amount of ground clearance is available with larger tires (up to 6” total). Then with a lift you can get 7+”!

Plenty for most snowy roads or soft-roading as long as the ruts aren’t too big!

Kumho Majesty 9 235/50 R18 will also fit without rubbing. I’ve had them installed for several thousand miles with no issues. Measured with an indicator, there’s .15 inches of clearance from tire to steering knuckle.

The ride comfort of the 50 series tire at 44 PSI is slightly better than the 45 series tire at 36 PSI. The car still feels sporty enough for daily driving and the efficiency is about the same as the old tire. I average 220-240 Wh/mi in mixed driving. Speedometer went from reading slightly under to reading exactly the speed reported by Waze.
IMG_1186.jpeg
IMG_1188.jpeg
IMG_1209.jpeg
IMG_1208.jpeg

Glad to know these tires at 27.3" are an option and fit! Yes thats a full inch larger diameter than stock 18's. However its only a half inch larger than the offical Tesla track pack tires - which is only 0.25 inches more at that tight front knuckle spot.

Eventually I may get the MPP lift kit that works with their coilovers. I could drop my M3P 1-2 inches for track duties in the summer then lift it with these offroad tires for trails or just for clearance in the winter!

Reactions: Lindenwood
I Just wanted to make a post with the 2022 Tesla Model 3 LR max tire size that fits without a lift and without rubbing! I threw on a set of Falken Wildpeak AT trail tires in 235/50/r18 on the stock model 3 wheels.
I'm disappointed to discover that Falken don't import the Wildpeak A/T Trail into Australia.

I would love to install that tyre.

We only get the Wildpeak A/T AT3W which is a 4x4 LT tyre (and only produced in larger sizes) - which is becoming very popular here in the 4x4 community.

I haven't yet found any other equivalent A/T tyres here. For high performance all-season road use, Pirelli has the P Zero AS+ Elect in 235/50R18, but disappointingly, Hankook do not make the iON evo AS in that size.

Hi wanted to give a right up about my experience since this page was super helpful for me before i took the plunge.

Waited till i used it for 500km first. seems on efficiency it actually got better 162vs153 with larger tires and smaller rims. came from the performance 19 inch rims and the stock OEM Hankook tires.

the current set up is continental mc6 235/50 r18 xl. and changed to lighter rims from rays at 18inches. with a et of 44. had some worry with the et it would not fit but no issues in the end. changed the setting in the car to the largest tire available(speedo reads +- accurate now from waze gps. at 36-38psi

After a few months my feeling was not much difference in comfort or i no longer realize it. this could be because of the xl tire so harder side walls. getting in and out my grandparents still complain and I personally cannot tell the difference. noise is maybe slightly more louder than the ev spec Hankook tires with foam but nothing major. sportiness I honestly cant tell the difference day to day. maybe slightly less "sporty". after the change no more bent rims which is a big win

I have already installed the mpp lift kit before this. but since the tire upgrade i have had 0 scrapes even with the horrible road conditions here.

overall love it good addition to the mpp lift kit. only thing i would do different was get ps4 tires but they are almost double the price here.

To add i drive 80% city streets with alot of traffic in 30+ degrees heat and 20% highway and to the mountains.

Hope this write up helps

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 16.54.28.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 16.54.28.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Informative
Reactions: Lindenwood