Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Production Hits Estimated 100,000 Units

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Production pace still below 5,000 a week?

Bloomberg’s counter, which estimates production of the Tesla Model 3, today shows 100,050 units produced since August 2017 when the car hit the market.

The rough journey to 100,000, with a few significant delays, took 14 months. Assuming 20,000 cars a month, Tesla will now need just 5 months to reach 200,000.

Estimates indicate that Tesla has been unable to increase the production pace. Currently, Bloomberg shows 4,223 Model 3 a week. Of course, we all know the tracker has some issues, so don’t rely on it too much.

In total ,some 136,483 VINs were registered.

Production and deliveries of the Model 3 in previous quarters thus far:

2017’Q3 – 260 produced, and 222 delivered

2017’Q4 – 2,425 produced and 1,542 delivered

2018’Q1 – 9,766 produced and 8,182 delivered

2018’Q2 – 28,578 produced and 18,449 delivered

2018’Q3 – 53,239 produced and ≈55,840 delivered

2018’Q4 – already >5,782 produced (estimated)

111-19-300x161.png
Tesla Model 3 Tracker (Source: Bloomberg)

Source: Bloomberg, Tesla Model 3 Tracker

This article originally appeared on Inside EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gavyne
hcsharp - That is wonderful news. Congratulation on taking delivery of your new car.

I've be hoping we would have more post like your. There have been so many discouraging post that my interest in owning a Tesla was waining. I suppose it is human nature to write about the problems. Thanks again.

We took delivery of our AWD Long Range M3 3 weeks ago. They delivered it to our home at 8:00 PM on a Monday night. which was 5 days sooner than our scheduled delivery date. We were promised a 200.00 Tesla store credit if we took delivery early. I am now fighting to make them fulfill there promise. Ours M3 was basically flawless too just a few minor issues which are being taken care of now. The Techs at the Tesla service center in Santa Clara were very nice and gave us a Model S for a loaner. Hoping to get our M3 back today or tomorrow.

Reactions: Stirfelt
hcsharp - That is wonderful news. Congratulation on taking delivery of your new car.

I've be hoping we would have more post like your. There have been so many discouraging post that my interest in owning a Tesla was waining. I suppose it is human nature to write about the problems. Thanks again.
We inspected it with a magnifying glass, too (literally). It's our second Tesla and everything also went well with the first one.

Reactions: Stirfelt