Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 READY TO CONFIGURE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a second Tesla Model 3 reservation ready to configure for sale. I live in the bay area, but the purchaser does not have to be in the bay area -- they will deliver it to your nearest Tesla location (I know this because I actually bought my own Model 3 reservation off of someone else while waiting for this one, I got it off of someone living in So Cal).

You can log into my account, configure the car and buy it in your name. This will ensure you get the $7,500 federal tax credit (and any state credits that may be applicable).

Buyer will pay $2,500 -- $1,000 for the deposit (goes towards the car), and $1,500 to me.

does this really work for the tax credit? Can anyone else besides the seller confirm? I've read all sorts of warnings about losing the tax credit and not being able to get your name on the registration through someone else's account.

does this really work for the tax credit? Can anyone else besides the seller confirm? I've read all sorts of warnings about losing the tax credit and not being able to get your name on the registration through someone else's account.

@Tess LA The tax credit would be passed along provided you’re the first actual owner of the car. Having the initial reservation in someone else’s name doesn’t make any difference. :)

@Tess LA , Drax is correct. As long as your name is on the DMV registration, you get the tax credit. I did this myself to get my own Model 3 a few months early (I got mine back in January by purchasing another person's reservation)