Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Roof Rack – J-Bolt securing the rack snapped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't got around to installing my roof rack yet, ordered 12/19, shipped 12/21. I emailed Tesla CS a few weeks ago asking if I should be worried about the black clips I had failing, and they responded yesterday saying "Please be advised that our proactive product improvement does not apply to your ordered Model 3 Roof Rack."
Thanks for the update. I will sit tight for now, mine shipped in Dec and no reason for me to think that the J-bolts are not fine but it still feels like Yakima should be providing replacements for all considering the relatively low cost.

LOL at "proactive product improvement". That's a crock, fixing this problem after it occurred isn't really being proactive. I purchased the roof rack on February 6th and it still has not shipped. I'm a bit peeved at this. I've written Tesla twice so far and I haven't been given any useful information as far as when I might actually receive it.

I also purchased the Ecohitch hitch, but haven't installed it as I wanted to try the Tesla rack first. Putting my mountain bike in the back of the car is a pain in the neck.