Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3. What extras would you add direct from the factory ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Tinted rear Windows*
2. Apple Play
3. Head up display
4. Mud Flaps
5. Sat Nav way points (so you can go to s destination via a charger)
6. Aircon front seats*
7. 360 Camera
8. Wireless charging pads

1, 3, 6 & 8 should be standard on Performance
2, 4, 5, 7 should be standard on all cars

1. Tinted rear Windows*
2. Apple Play
3. Head up display
4. Mud Flaps
6. Aircon front seats*
7. 360 Camera

Why Apple CarPlay and not Android Auto too? Both should be included or none.

I imagine The M3 has more problems than any other car for trying to get these two running. Due to the fact so much is controlled by the touchscreen, Tesla won't want to relinquish too much of this control to a mobile phone operating system.

Last edited:
Thinking of the things my other car has, I’d like to see:
  • Tinted rear windows
  • Power boot/froot
  • 360 cameras for parking
  • Car play (or android version) mainly for better quality calls and voice control/dictation for messaging etc
  • Blind spot indicators in mirror
I’d like to see two hitch being available not just as a factory option, maybe have so that you can get it after the fact at service centres

1. Tinted rear Windows*
2. Apple Play
3. Head up display
4. Mud Flaps
6. Aircon front seats*
7. 360 Camera

I saw some thread about cars after 1st June coming with wireless charge pads and usb-c as standard to standardise with the model y. Has that really happened?

What's the big obsession with Apple CarPlay? Is it one of those "once you've used it you'll never go back" things?
I think so! I used to have it until, ironically, a software update bricked it on my Merc. I have a work phone though and used android auto. They are both game changers. The ability to control ALL your audio and podcasts aps is brilliant for me but the real game changer is navigation. Waze is the most accurate sat nav I’ve ever used. Traffic re routing the best and arrival time predications are brilliant. Also the way you can alert people if you see a broken down car or roadkill or any other obstruction.

It’s one of two omissions from the M3 that I’m really going to miss. The other being power boot

Yeah I'd like Waze too.

From what I can tell of CarPlay/Android Auto one of the major things is being able to have messages, etc read out to you, and to be able to respond. I must be in a minority I think in that when I'm driving I'm driving... if it's important enough people can call me, but if it's messages asking what I thought about the last episode of some TV show or something, I can probably live without it until I get to my destination.

I don't do an awful lot of miles though so maybe for motorway junkies it's a much bigger deal.

Yeah I'd like Waze too.

From what I can tell of CarPlay/Android Auto one of the major things is being able to have messages, etc read out to you, and to be able to respond. I must be in a minority I think in that when I'm driving I'm driving... if it's important enough people can call me, but if it's messages asking what I thought about the last episode of some TV show or something, I can probably live without it until I get to my destination.

I don't do an awful lot of miles though so maybe for motorway junkies it's a much bigger deal.
To be fair I don’t use the messaging app much. Unless it’s from the other half, then I’d better reply!

It’s the access to the apps, as mentioned above, that gets me. Also hands free control. Google assistant will be FAR better at understanding voice controls than Tesla