TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3: Why we're launching the first non-gov $50K incentive program for buyers

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Andrei, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Andrei

Andrei Member

Hi everyone,

Why We're Launching the First $50,000 Incentive Program for 100 Tesla Model 3 Owners with Children Who Are Learning to Drive

[​IMG]

Our big idea here is to get teens interested in clean electric vehicles. Incentivizing teens to get some behind-the-wheel experience with a Tesla Model 3 is a way to show them what great potential (no pun intended) electric cars have. We are excited to be the first private organization to offer such incentive to Model 3 owners and we hope other companies will follow.

Andrei

• Like x 6
    • Love x 3
  2. JoaoD

JoaoD Member

Great initiative! Would be nice to see more of this initiatives around the world, to educate future drivers to a greener driving. Shame there aren't that many low cost EV's yet, because when teenager start to learn to drive in an EV I suspect they won't ever want to drive an ICE daily.

• Like x 1
  3. hmcgregoraz

hmcgregoraz Member

We plan on our 10 year old son learning to drive on either our 2014 Leaf, or a Model 3.

We have a Model X and a Leaf, and depending on when our Model 3 reservation comes up, may replace the Leaf with a Model 3.

Only gasoline vehicle left is a 2005 Prius, that we plan to sell soon, and it does not get any use at all.

-Harry

• Like x 1
  4. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I hope people are turning on valet mode to limit power before letting teens who can barely drive get behind the wheel.

5. internalaudit

internalaudit Member

Model 3 proof of purchase -- that's the only think going against me.

Please upload proof of your Tesla Model 3 purchase*
    A document with your name and your vehicle's specifications, including the final price.

My daughter got her G1 and is so excited about our household acquiring a Tesla but we are in Ontario so June is likely the delivery date for any model, haha.

6. commasign

commasign Active Member

Does this apply to the Radioflyer Tesla Model S for kids? ;)

• Funny x 2
  7. Andrei

Andrei Member

The incentive program is valid for 2017-18.

• Helpful x 1
  8. internalaudit

internalaudit Member

But only to the first 500 who have young adult drivers so these will all be in the US West Coast.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

i dont think this is particularly good idea. EVs do drive quite different to ICE cars and on top of that you will not be able to sit your test with a manual gearbox.

10. Trips

Trips Member

My 8 year old niece asks me whenever I see her if I got my car yet. I told her that she could drive it when I do get it. She is really excited and knows more about how Autopilot works then some owners.

• Love x 2