TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S Dashboard with position and 40 variables. Would you like to have one?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Vincenteverts, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Vincenteverts

Vincenteverts Member

I wanted to show my wife where our Tesla Model S is, state of the battery, if it is charging, heating etc. Of course you can do this with the App but she loves to see it on the PC and if I wanted to share it I have to give my U/P which I do not want to.

Do Dennis Riemer and I made a Model S Dashboard with lots of variables you can find my version on http://dashboard.teslatransformation.nl with 40 other variables which the Tesla API makes available.

Would you like to have something like this? configurable? With a public and private part? What would you like to do with it? Show the car with all the charging polls around it? Let us know and we might build it.

Vincent Everts
    http://teslatransformation.com

dashboard.jpg

2. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

Is this not the same as visible tesla? May want to work with them and see how to improve that product.
    Check in the user interface forum for info.

3. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

Please see VisibleTesla. It does the same thing, and as @capt601 mentioned, you may want to make your own changes to VisibleTesla, since it’s open source software.

4. Vincenteverts

Vincenteverts Member

Ik krijg de indruk dat het wat anders is. Ons dashboard is cloud web dienst. Geen installatie van programma's en Java... Allebei heel nuttig maar compleet anders. Als je op je eigen webpagina een widget wil hebben om iets of meer van je Tesla te laten zien dan is ons dashboard heel handig. Als je een programma wil maken en java geen probleem vind om te installeren dan is visible tesla heel goed. Compleet andere benadering.

5. Vincenteverts

Vincenteverts Member

VisibleTesla is a great opensource project. But... it's a Java based program which you have to install.

Tesla Dashboard is a cloud service which you can just simply use in a (phone) browser. No installation no nothing. Parts of it are easy to embed in websites. It's now made for my tesla and a couple of others which are hidden (I do not mind that my position and speed is public but that's only me.) Before we make it available to others we like to see if there is a need for something like this and what it should do!

6. J in MN

J in MN S60 P12635

VisibleTesla allows you to retain control over your password and hence Tesla account.