TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S Key Fob + Leather case

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by schonert, Mar 28, 2016.

1. schonert

schonert Member

Panjo Ad Here.

Pretty much flawless Tesla Model S Key Fob + Leather case. No scratches since it was in the leather case the whole time. Sold my car and less than a week later I found it. I had already reset the car and purchased a second one for the car. For this one, you just need to bring yours with it to a Tesla shop and they'll add this one on. Works great. Brand new from Tesla is $125 + tax. This one also includes the leather case which is I think $30-40.

2. Ingineer

Ingineer Electrical Engineer

Tesla service told me they will not program used keys.

3. schonert

schonert Member

When I was looking to replace my 'lost' one, I had asked about used/eBay ones. They said they can do it, but can't guarantee it will work since they don't know where its from/battery life, but they could try. Dont know if its Tesla service rep vs service rep, but our St Louis one said I could. They said all they have to do is reset the car's programmed ones and then program it to both the new one (mine) and whatever previous ones you had.