Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Main Screen Keeps Turning On & Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody else on here experienced there main car screen keep on glitching and turning on and off for about 5 seconds?

Mine used to do this on the odd occasion, but as of the last week it has been doing this every day every few minutes.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Is the car rebooting or is it just the main screen going off? If it’s not rebooting, then try rebooting to see if that helps, but if not, make a service appointment. If you have an old Model S with the MCU1 touchscreen, you might need an upgrade.
It is not rebooting buy itself, just literally turns on and off by itself.

So the screen works normally and then turns off and I get black screen for about 5 seconds then it comes back on as normal, but happens really frequently since last week.

I do have the MCU1 touchscreen.

I went to Tesla yesterday, the sent a firmware update to my car which I done when I got home, it has made the screen turning on and off less frequently however it is still happening maybe every 5 or 10 mins now.

Somebody from another forum said that they have heard of this before and apparently it was to do with a seat sensor which was faulty which does make a bit of sense if this was the issue because it is going blank like when you enter and exit the car if that makes sense

Upvote 0
Try a hard and soft reset. Model 3 Do It Yourself | Tesla (same instructions for S)
And are you due for a software update by chance? Hope this helps! :)
I have tried hard reset a few times but hasnt solved the issue and my software is up to date.

But thanks for the advice I do appreciate it. If I manage to get it resolved I will come back and let the forum know so hopefully if somebody else is experiencing the same issues it helps them also.

Reactions: XCare EV
Upvote 0