TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S/Model X Battery Data

Discussion in 'Battery Discussion' started by M67v, Feb 25, 2016.

1. M67v

M67v #1 Model S fan

I was bored and started collecting data for the different battery packs and got some interesting results.
    Tesla Model S Battery Specs.png Tesla Model X Battery Specs.png

In conclusion, I think Tesla should make their batteries more efficient in terms of range.

2. Sad

Sad Member

It seems you used range numbers for the model S 90kWh cars that are identical to their 85kWh counterparts, they should be 6% higher (I believe Tesla now advertises them on the website)

3. M67v

M67v #1 Model S fan

The EPA got the same range.

4. Sad

Sad Member

Yes, but it's incorrect, taken directly from the 85 models (not sure why)

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

My understanding is that the change was too minor to require a new (costly) test.

6. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3

Looks like the Y-axis labels on the Power to Range charts are flipped... PxxD cars will have more Horsepower per range (miles), not the other way around.

7. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    The 90's were not tested, as Tesla reported. Therefore, they have identical stated range as do the 85 equivalents even though they have a minimum of ~ 5.8% better. In reality the anode change in the 90's may well have superior charge retention characteristics also, so discharge may be slightly less wasteful (i.e. less waste heat generated during discharge). Unless they actually show the comparable tests if the two pack sizes vs drivetrain we will not know precisely what improvement there is. user tests thus far have not been sufficiently controlled a/b to be both precise and accurate, as i understand it. Still I'd much rather have the new anode than the old one.

8. M67v

M67v #1 Model S fan

Look closely...