Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S/X to ‘soon’ work with keyless and smartphone entry like the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
‘Will’ and ‘soon’ aren’t covered by the ‘3 months or 6 months’ warranty. :D Seriously, just because Elon puts it on his ‘will do someday’ list, I don’t expect it RSN (back in the day speak for Real Soon Now).

When he said that I was even wondering if current hardware could do it with the (current) BT receivers. So, who knows where this is on the road map. It may be only MCU 2 cars. It may be it won’t wake up the cars (like 3’s don’t until you open a handle).

Reactions: Silicon Desert
‘Will’ and ‘soon’ aren’t covered by the ‘3 months or 6 months’ warranty. :D Seriously, just because Elon puts it on his ‘will do someday’ list, I don’t expect it RSN (back in the day speak for Real Soon Now).

When he said that I was even wondering if current hardware could do it with the (current) BT receivers. So, who knows where this is on the road map. It may be only MCU 2 cars. It may be it won’t wake up the cars (like 3’s don’t until you open a handle).
great point. I would not care to have it anyway. I like using my fob.:)

Reactions: boaterva
I noticed Elon stopped saying things like done, soon or will happen in the next update and just says good idea or noted to suggestions. I think he finally realized people caught on to him breaking his word. Otherwise we would have upgradeable batteries, auto wipers that stop wiping in park, upgradeable MCUs..etc... the list of broken promises is a mile long

Reactions: am_dmd and boaterva
I noticed Elon stopped saying things like done, soon or will happen in the next update and just says good idea or noted to suggestions. I think he finally realized people caught on to him breaking his word. Otherwise we would have upgradeable batteries, auto wipers that stop wiping in park, upgradeable MCUs..etc... the list of broken promises is a mile long
Yeah, I think he only ‘done’s things that are already done. :D