Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Standard Range AWD to be priced at $59,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A car is a car. As Iā€™ve gotten older cost of ownership means less. Comfort and joy outweighs any cons. I kept the Prius for 6 years from 0 - 297k miles. I donā€™t commute like I used to but plenty of tesla owners have gone over 150k miles. I expect the same more less. One of the main issues I had was the 4-5 oil changes per year I had to do. That does get old real quick with the amount of driving I was doing. I cut my commute in half now. But to spend that much time in a car, I wouldnā€™t want anything outside of tesla. Auto pilot is game changer for me. Practicality is one thing but convenience outweighed anything an ICE vehicle can give. We canā€™t tell others how to spend their money but donā€™t compare Prius to tesla.
Absolutely canā€™t compare a $70+K car to a $20K car.. Iā€™m talking about the economics of getting from point A to point B, specially on a long road trip when time and $ are important. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Teslas are game changers. šŸ‘šŸ»

A new Prius AWD is 30k without tax or mark up.

A Awd standard Y is 60k. Not 70k.

But we get the point. šŸ˜

Yea. Totally agreed. With the SC, no other legacy company can compete. My 2 cents. Thatā€™s worth whatever tesla want to charge and ppl will pay up. Then u get all the perk. Especially OTA update. šŸ˜

Reactions: Msicario
People are buying these cars because it's a Tesla. I had a 3 recently for 3 weeks while they were trying to find a rear drive unit for my P90D. I couldn't believe how poor the ride quality was and the cabin noise.... what a piece of crap! I wouldn't even consider the 3 at 30k.

Tesla has gotten greedy with the removal of lease buyout and portable cord. It's time to move on after 2 MS.

The choices are too great in the market to even bother with Tesla any longer.

Cadillac Lyriq looks absolutely amazing at similar price point.

Reactions: zpaul and Carlitos
People are buying these cars because it's a Tesla. I had a 3 recently for 3 weeks while they were trying to find a rear drive unit for my P90D. I couldn't believe how poor the ride quality was and the cabin noise.... what a piece of crap! I wouldn't even consider the 3 at 30k.

Tesla has gotten greedy with the removal of lease buyout and portable cord. It's time to move on after 2 MS.

I agree. I am a Tesla fan, but the company is drifting away from their mission, plus with an "eccentric" CEO, I am concerned about its future. Don't forget that beside taking away the mobile charger, they also took away the radar, one speaker and now miles range all for $60000.

I've heard the same for Model S loaners...loaners aren't the best to make any assessments on, some have had a hard life.

You must be doing home charging math, because supercharging has become close to what gas costs per gallon to fill a mid sized sedan.

For sure, I have a wall charger in the garage and at my office. I commute from tampa to orlando 3x a week, but no more than 10 days a month. I donā€™t have a reason to Supercharge. I really hate waiting at the gas pump and Iā€™m sure I would hate myself even more if I had to use supercharge daily.

I agree. I am a Tesla fan, but the company is drifting away from their mission, plus with an "eccentric" CEO, I am concerned about its future. Don't forget that beside taking away the mobile charger, they also took away the radar, one speaker and now miles range all for $60000.

But letā€™s make a list of what theyā€™ve also added. I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to point at cost/factor right now considering the supply chain issue thatā€™s beyond Teslaā€™s control. Every manufacturer are forced to raise prices. Tesla isnā€™t alone in this.

Reactions: DrGriz
But letā€™s make a list of what theyā€™ve also added. I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to point at cost/factor right now considering the supply chain issue thatā€™s beyond Teslaā€™s control. Every manufacturer are forced to raise prices. Tesla isnā€™t alone in this.
No one ever wants to talk about that. They think they are owed those upgrades at the cost they put their deposit down on yet many put a deposit down on things like intel, different glass etc etc then when they actually get the car it is upgraded Ryzen, dual pane etc etc and Tesla does not charge them for those nice little extras. Amnesia I guess.

No one ever wants to talk about that. They think they are owed those upgrades at the cost they put their deposit down on yet many put a deposit down on things like intel, different glass etc etc then when they actually get the car it is upgraded Ryzen, dual pane etc etc and Tesla does not charge them for those nice little extras. Amnesia I guess.
Well, the price keeps increasing, so we are paying for them one way or another.

Reactions: Daekwan
What have they added that didnt belong in the first place?

No other company has announced the removal of ability to purchase a lease at the end of the term. Tesla has gotten greedy due to popularity. Their supercharging costs have skyrocketed. Cheaper to use state supplied in NY at 30cents per kWh on the thru-way. The rest stop units charge at 100kW.

Status
Not open for further replies.