Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my new Tesla today (VIN 43347) And I immediately had my first Tesla moment and of cause the Tesla grin plastered on my face the whole time. So I was driving on the George Bush tollroad and a teenager in the passenger side of a truck photographed, probably filmed and got himself a serious neck twist trying not to lose sight of my new car. This was a great moment and made my already perfect day even better.

I had the same thing happen to me the other day. There were a string of Subaru's and one of them was doing the stalk then starts to speed up. The passenger takes out a really nice SLR and takes pics as he's going by. I did, of course, give them a little "demonstration" earlier up the road. The thumbs up was given and acknowledged and off they went.

It's funny, as usually I am a driver that prefers to be left alone while driving and enjoys the ride. However, I have discovered that it's simply not possible in the Tesla. I've got to get my Tesla talk down pat though. I'm all over the map.

At work we were talking about bitcoins and a guy that i only knew in passing jumped into the conversation. He brought up how at least one person bought a model s with money they made off of bit coin investments. I thought for sure my friends told him about my new car and he was trolling me so I let him go on.

He went on all about the car and finally said, "Did you know the key looks just like the car?"

I smiled and pulled my keys out of my pocket and said, "Like this one?"

His face just twisted around as his confidence in what a model s key looks like out grew his disbelief that I drive one everyday.

We then went on to talk all about it and I've given him a couple rides in the car.

At work we were talking about bitcoins and a guy that i only knew in passing jumped into the conversation. He brought up how at least one person bought a model s with money they made off of bit coin investments. I thought for sure my friends told him about my new car and he was trolling me so I let him go on.

He went on all about the car and finally said, "Did you know the key looks just like the car?"

I smiled and pulled my keys out of my pocket and said, "Like this one?"

His face just twisted around as his confidence in what a model s key looks like out grew his disbelief that I drive one everyday.

We then went on to talk all about it and I've given him a couple rides in the car.

Divine!

What a great first post - welcome to the forums :)

Just driving through the 5 mph one-way resort road on the way back to our temporary abode, and I moved over to allow a BMW to pass going the wrong way. Then a 20-something woman just starts to step out on the road about 100 feet in front of me, dragging a rolling suitcase, looks at the car in surprise (no hear I guess) and stops dead in her tracks, just at the side of the road. Her family was gathered on the other side, and I guess it was her dad who was walking down the right side of the road towards me (but it looked like he was just walking). Then I hear from someone somewhere near say "he's looking at your car", just as he comes up near the passenger window. So I stop and look over, he leans his head in the window and that starts it: "So this is a Tesla. How do you like it?".

Then it turns out that a relative (didn't quite catch how related) actually works at the Fremont factory, turning designs into actual stuff. The relative wasn't there, but his wife, daughter and son-in-law joined the group just at that time. I did the I Am Not Worthy bow to them. Then I showed the group my favourite part, the frunk. I guess no one in the group had actually seen a Model S in real life, so they all had the frunk jaw drop going.

Two in a row posted! I'm trying not to post similar moments.

Yesterday in Clarkdale AZ (south of Sedona), we took the Verde Canyon train, a 4-hour ride out and back through the Verde Canyon. Quite scenic. As we were leaving the train the fellow right behind me must have noticed my Tesla baseball cap, because he asked if we owned a Tesla. We had a short chat, during which his wife found out that they didn't have a Tesla “yet”. So that was funny.

Then, we were just backing out of our parking spot after the train ride, and another fellow came toward us beckoning me to roll down the window. “What kind of car is that?” “Tesla.” “THAT’S a TESLA??” So he had us carry on a conversation while we were still in the backed-out position, blocking any other cars from leaving (luckily only a few were reaching their cars). Then “There’s my brother-in-law! Hey Dan[? I think it started with a D]! Come see! It’s a Tesla!” So a small crowd gathers, with the car still in the middle. Then the first fellow from the train (with the wife) showed up and wanted a picture. Finally I managed to politely point out I’d better get out of the way, and everyone said thanks for the look etc and we left.

I was parked in a charging spot at a super market waiting for my kid to wake up from a nap in the infant seat. The car lights had already turned off, so to the casual passerby, I'm assuming it looks like the car is empty. I had the window cracked a little to get some airflow. This man and his wife walk by the car on the way to their car and I overhear the man say, "Hello, my dreamcar." in a wistful voice. I almost wanted to say, "Hello!" back but didn't want to embarrass him.

Couple of weeks back I parked in the parking lot of a hotel I was staying at and was busy unloading the car when another car pulls in in the next parking spot. The guy gets out of his car (looked like someone in their 60s) and says "That is a beautiful car. What is it?". I respond with "It is a Tesla". He asks "is it Russian??".

First day back to work today with my Model S. It was the talk of the day in my department and I had to show it to at least a dozen people. Everyone was impressed and in some cases surprised. After showing the frunk and being distracted by lots of questions, one of them closed the frunk while I wasn't watching, which made me cringe once I realized it. Fortunately I didn't find any damage, at least nothing obvious. The same person decided to mess with me by parking immediately next to my car in the very back of the parking lot. (picture taken by him)
2014-06-27.jpg

One of the department managers jokingly challenged me to a race against his new (I don't think he has it yet) $180k Porsche with a 0-60 of under 3 seconds.
I showed it to one more coworker as I was leaving and forgot to turn on the A/C beforehand, it was about 117F in the car, but the A/C brought it down quick. He was the only one to get a ride, back to the building entrance.

I was interviewed by our local CBS affiliate in Burlington, Vermont last winter. As fate would have it, the reporter asked to have a look "under the hood." It was a perfect setup, and I obliged. Her reaction to seeing nothing under the hood is quite classic.

Behind the wheel of the top car of 2014 - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

What is all that white stuff all over the ground?

- - - Updated - - -

You put a non-required sticker on your Model S??? :scared:

If you're a DeadHead it is a required sticker :)