Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla newbie, day 2, accelerator seems stiff on take-off's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
another newbie question, coming from ice cars, I find the tesla accelerator peddle is a bit stiff to get moving after a stop... as in other vehicles ive owned the accelerator was very peppy, any ideas to change the accelerator feel, its already in sport mode.. was wondering if the " hold" feature had something todo with it

another newbie question, coming from ice cars, I find the tesla accelerator peddle is a bit stiff to get moving after a stop... as in other vehicles ive owned the accelerator was very peppy, any ideas to change the accelerator feel, its already in sport mode.. was wondering if the " hold" feature had something todo with it
Nothing sluggish about my 2022 MYP off the line. Sounds like you are in chill mode. I know you said you are in sport but double check that.

You described the symptoms as "pedal stiffness", not sluggishness, so I would explore friction points in the mechanical system first.

Have you tried moving the pedal with the ignition off? On mine, there's no unusual resistance (don't do this more than a couple of times, or you'll flood your engine with too many electrons...)

Maybe the pedal mechanism just needs to be "exercised" a bit, like a stiff joint.