Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM Mudflaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Model 3 mud flaps. I am about to install them, I just have a quick question. Im the install directions it says to cut the cover on the bottom that covers the screw. Question is if I cut that and later remove the mud flaps will that cause an issue with that part no longer being covered?

@t-rex266, I haven't taken mine off yet to see how the paint is holding up. As for ground clearance, here's what I did:

Reactions: t-rex266
@t-rex266, I haven't taken mine off yet to see how the paint is holding up. As for ground clearance, here's what I did:
Did you measure around them and then just cut through with a blade?

Did you measure around them and then just cut through with a blade?
I marked a piece of cardboard (from a cereal box) with the outline of the bottom of an extension held against it. I then cut along the mark with scissors and used it as a template to mark a matching line higher up on the extension. I think I put masking tape on the extension and marked it with a ball point pen. Then I cut the extension along this line.

The first photo shows the blade I used. You can get a feel for how it cuts by practising on the lower part of the extension that you're going cut off and discard.