Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Model 3/Y Frunk Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EA6D53F4-4D5C-4FA7-9FBF-9880EEB19327.jpeg
That was really quick. My order was just delivered to me in Canada. I will probably wait a bit to install as it is rather cold and snowy at present. Really looking forward to getting more use out of my frunk.
I guess the video and install documentation at the TeslaOffer site is required as there does not appear to be any install instructions in the box.
Hoping to find some additional video or documents showing the recommended mounting location for the controller, cable routing and securing, etc.

I mounted the Control Unit using double sided tape on top of metal frame - same location shown by TO install instruction.

The speaker (on top) is probably not ideal - water might get on top and accumulate. I will relocate so it’s positioned facing down or sideways to prevent water from accumulating if any gets to it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BManCan
That was really quick. My order was just delivered to me in Canada. I will probably wait a bit to install as it is rather cold and snowy at present. Really looking forward to getting more use out of my frunk.
I guess the video and install documentation at the TeslaOffer site is required as there does not appear to be any install instructions in the box.
Hoping to find some additional video or documents showing the recommended mounting location for the controller, cable routing and securing, etc.

Check out the Electric Garage on Youtube. Specifically the video for the Hansshow unit install. It's probably one of, if not the best video out there. The install should be very similar for the TO unit.

• Informative
@Hammerhead786 Thanks for tip. <snip>

You're welcome. Can't believe I said Electric Garage when I meant Electrified Garage, been a stressful day. Glad you found it though. I watched quite a few videos and I personally think that's the best out of the lot. One thing I didn't see mentioned was to mark around the latch with a silver sharpie before removing so you don't have to faff around trying to adjust it afterwards.

Check out the Electric Garage on Youtube. Specifically the video for the Hansshow unit install. It's probably one of, if not the best video out there. The install should be very similar for the TO unit.
@RoBoRaT Thanks for sharing the photo. Any chance you took some other photos showing cable routings, mounting location for motor etc.

Also, be careful not to mess with the Micro Switches (two metal contactors), and that the cable mechanism does not bend it out of place when installing.

I think it was the cause of the Hood Latch Sensor Need Service warning that I got.

Raymond from Tesla Offer (in Hong Kong) helped me trouble shoot the issue, trying all solutions. The warning persisted until I let the car go deep sleep overnight - ensured all connections are good the next morning, then the warning went away. All’s working well since.
05D1C04F-7832-400B-B8A1-BFEA4A3F029D.jpeg
08D187BF-92C6-4031-AB80-F000FB7682D4.jpeg