Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla on O'Reilly Factor - 11/23/11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it sad that Tesla Motors is being tied to a failure like Solyndra. If Mr. O' Really :)biggrin:lol) wants to talk about government money then talk about corporations getting monies to buy planes, oil, E85 and others things. Back to the topic. Tesla has been very clever in its plan about cultivating its product line. Any advertising on the company and the Model S can only garner more inquiry about the very viable product line. I would agree that Mr. Musk needs to stay ahead of this potential bad press.

Great idea, VFX!

I looked at his blog, facebook Google+ etc. but it I did not see any way of actually having a dialog with him.

He was not up on some Tesla specifics (IPO, Venture Cap, etc) which was only slightly bad but on the larger point of EVs he needs to have some bullet points to answer.

If we could get a list to him or even forward a link of some kind of EV talking points it would be good for getting the best word out from his liberal lips.

Thanks TEG.

(start at 4:55)

Another video that shows Bill is Pro EV. Was disturbing that even with several prompts from Bill, Dave was not able to talk about his Roadster (probably not to alienate himself with the crowd and choosing to make jokes. (Though Jay is OK with talking about his cars)) If his Electric Car was that bad why would he keep driving it? :)

Of course Dave was talking about the coming Model S. This video reinforces my (probably skewed) opinion that Bill likes Tesla. I think Ian's video show false outrage. The way he was feeding those softball questions to Alan and then letting him go on and on with answers, I think Bill is a customer.

Tesla is American made, Solar panels, and room for Dave's groceries. If Tesla is good about paying back the loans, He has the makings of a rare EV spokesman for the political Right. And he is one that has a large base as Ian has pointed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was disturbing that even with several prompts from Bill, Dave was not able to talk about his Roadster (probably not to alienate himself with the crowd and choosing to make jokes... This video reinforces my (probably skewed) opinion that Bill likes Tesla. I think Ian's video show false outrage. The way he was feeding those softball questions to Alan and then letting him go on and on with answers, I think Bill is a customer...
Its like you're reading my mind! :love:

Another (no surprise) great find!
How do you get it to start in the middle like that?
I see in the address at the end "=5m0s"

Yes, that is "start at 5 minutes, 0 seconds".
When you are watching a Youtube there is a share button on the bottom, and then an options sub-menu that shows a "Start at" checkbox. If you check that it will create a copy & pastable URL that includes the time offset.
Unfortunately if I embed that URL on this forum, it doesn't play starting there, so I just post the text link.

Weird that Letterman couldn't talk about his Roadster, though I get the sense that he's the type who is uncomfortable admitting he drives an expensive car of any type. He also may find the Roadster a bit cramped and difficult to get in an out of since he is rather tall, and older, so he may not love it that much.