Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks keny! will check it out

the billion mile tour was fun, here is the wife demonstrating the auto pilot, hmmm perhaps i should have mentioned AP is not enabled yet!

IMG_0632.JPG

Just wanted to put this out there as a friendly reminder and request for participation from anyone that might be interested in showing off their car and talking to the public. Edmonton and Calgary will each be hosting a National Drive Electric Event. Edmonton's event is Saturday the 12th at Southgate (more info and to register: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=340) and Calgary's is the week after, Saturday the 19th at Stephen Avenue Walk (more info and to register: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=344). These events are put on by the Electric Vehicle Association of Alberta (sadly only a Facebook presence https://www.facebook.com/groups/yycEV/ ).

I would encourage you to consider registering. I'll be at the Edmonton one, and possibly at the Calgary one as well. Apparently a Fisker Karma may be making an appearance at the Calgary event.

thanks keny! will check it out

the billion mile tour was fun, here is the wife demonstrating the auto pilot, hmmm perhaps i should have mentioned AP is not enabled yet!

View attachment 92907
Lol, great picture.
You must be pretty excited about the recent X progress.
I also notice you have your skyfire panels up and running so you are all ready to start driving on sunshine.

Lol, great picture.
I also notice you have your skyfire panels up and running so you are all ready to start driving on sunshine.

you betcha and you betcha, the X progress is bitter sweet, finally they are releasing details but knowing i am #18000ish in line is painful, heres hoping they pump em out like bunnies. I live very close to 3s a charm, if i can figure out how to clone his cell phone perhaps i could borrow his S when it's not being used, keep that between us though please :wink:

you betcha and you betcha, the X progress is bitter sweet, finally they are releasing details but knowing i am #18000ish in line is painful, heres hoping they pump em out like bunnies. I live very close to 3s a charm, if i can figure out how to clone his cell phone perhaps i could borrow his S when it's not being used, keep that between us though please :wink:
I heard that... :)

Just wanted to put this out there as a friendly reminder and request for participation from anyone that might be interested in showing off their car and talking to the public. Edmonton and Calgary will each be hosting a National Drive Electric Event. Edmonton's event is Saturday the 12th at Southgate (more info and to register: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=340) and Calgary's is the week after, Saturday the 19th at Stephen Avenue Walk (more info and to register: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=344). These events are put on by the Electric Vehicle Association of Alberta (sadly only a Facebook presence https://www.facebook.com/groups/yycEV/ ).

I would encourage you to consider registering. I'll be at the Edmonton one, and possibly at the Calgary one as well. Apparently a Fisker Karma may be making an appearance at the Calgary event.

Thanks Footbag,
see you at the Edmonton event

Lol, great picture.

Cool that you have panels from Skyfire! We have a Skyfire panels up on our home too and have been driving on sunshine. It's such a good feeling. In that picture Hugh, was Autopilot actually enabled on that car or were you just kidding? If it was indeed enabled, how was it performing?

As an aside, someone was driving a blue-metallic Model S in Garrison Woods on Friday afternoon. Oddly enough, in my rear-view mirror when I turned out of a side-road. I must say if you are on here, great colour choice ;)

Cool that you have panels from Skyfire! We have a Skyfire panels up on our home too and have been driving on sunshine. It's such a good feeling. In that picture Hugh, was Autopilot actually enabled on that car or were you just kidding? If it was indeed enabled, how was it performing?

As an aside, someone was driving a blue-metallic Model S in Garrison Woods on Friday afternoon. Oddly enough, in my rear-view mirror when I turned out of a side-road. I must say if you are on here, great colour choice ;)
Not sure if I said in this forum but I also have skyfire panels. Also, that could have been me in garrison as I cut through there regularly when I'm going to altadore(brother) or the Maria loop area (mother). I can't actually recollect if I was there on Friday though.

Not sure if I said in this forum but I also have skyfire panels. Also, that could have been me in garrison as I cut through there regularly when I'm going to altadore(brother) or the Maria loop area (mother). I can't actually recollect if I was there on Friday though.

Ahhh it was probably you. I've also seen another red Model S in the area as well. More and more Tesla's on Calgary roads means they should have urgency to put a service centre here quicker. Nice to know that you have solar panels up on your roof as well! It's amazes me about how much electricity can be harvested from the sun. All my driving year round cannot possibly catch up to the amount of electricity my panels generate.... and I don't even have the best efficiency panels that can be had today.

I just wanted to thank those of you that came to the National Drive Electric Week event today in Edmonton. It was a good showing of Tesla's, with some other EVs thrown in. Southgate Mall had lots of signage, and thus there was a steady stream of people who came to check out the EVs. Koch Ford, who paid to sponsor the event, only did test drives for a very short period of time... and thus I got called into action to give some test rides (and was only too happy to do so). Actually had a chance to give away my referral code for the first time! If weather cooperates, I'll be heading down to the Calgary event next week.