Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be nice to have the store open by the time they do the test-drive event in Calgary at the end of August.

I don't see this event listed on Tesla Events | Tesla Motors -- is it for owners only?

Awesome to see the hiring started!! Might see a sales center before we know it! That would be fantastic for Western Canada and even Montana.
Any bets it will be down by the new Lambo dealership on Heritage Drive just off of Blackfoot trail?

I haven't used it since before the summer break, but it was accessible—although not readily visible—around the back of the containers pictured in PlugShare. There should be minimal chance of ICEing during summer break, but there is a fee to park.
OK, if my chances of accessing it are good, I'll likely head in that direction for a top-up before heading back to Canmore. I've been feeling your pain with the lack of the supercharger network out this way. Staying just west of High River, at my uncle's... 110 volt charging. Ouch. I've been using the Peavey Mart chargers and living off the bottom of the battery - LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

beeee, sent you a PM
Got it, thanks!

As coincidence would have it, my daughter sent me this Tesla-stalker pic from the U of C this morning, so access looks good!

2015 - 1-1.jpg

Last edited:
As coincidence would have it, my daughter sent me this Tesla-stalker pic from the U of C this morning, so access looks good!

View attachment 90282
LOL, well that car is gone now - I just pulled in 20 minutes ago! Sea cans are gone. Only 6kW available here and at $4/hr for parking, it's relatively pricey power... especially compared to Peavey Mart. I'll park in their back alley next to the dumpster if the price is right - and 'free' is right.

This trip is making me re-think the idea of perhaps having a second charger installed. I haven't stopped anywhere that a full 80 amps is available, but some have been above 40. They're mostly on 208 3 phase power too, meaning you lose some potential charge speed even at 40 amps. Given the number of hours I've been cooling my heels at 40 km/hr (or slower), being able to add 25% charge rate once in a while would be better. It's all relative.

LOL, well that car is gone now - I just pulled in 20 minutes ago! Sea cans are gone. Only 6kW available here and at $4/hr for parking, it's relatively pricey power... especially compared to Peavey Mart. I'll park in their back alley next to the dumpster if the price is right - and 'free' is right.

This trip is making me re-think the idea of perhaps having a second charger installed. I haven't stopped anywhere that a full 80 amps is available, but some have been above 40. They're mostly on 208 3 phase power too, meaning you lose some potential charge speed even at 40 amps. Given the number of hours I've been cooling my heels at 40 km/hr (or slower), being able to add 25% charge rate once in a while would be better. It's all relative.
80 Amps always available "free" at my place. I'm on PlugShare as well as "Tesla Owner Hillhurst" - located just off Memorial Drive near Kensington (about 3-5 min from Downtown Calgary. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

On another note... I'm on vacation in Summerland, BC and it seems every time I have driven the highway I see another Tesla on the road! Great to see so many more Teslas on the road :)

80 Amps always available "free" at my place. I'm on PlugShare as well as "Tesla Owner Hillhurst" - located just off Memorial Drive near Kensington (about 3-5 min from Downtown Calgary. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

On another note... I'm on vacation in Summerland, BC and it seems every time I have driven the highway I see another Tesla on the road! Great to see so many more Teslas on the road :)
In addition to your offer, I'm impressed with the number of PM's I got in response to my post... it feels pretty good to be part of a community that is so friendly and supportive. Thanks for that!

I'm not looking forward to the day that owners stop bothering to wave at each other. On my trip east on the TCH on Sunday, I was a few minutes behind one of your Calgary guys in a red Signature. We had a chat in Revelstoke and saw each other again in Golden. And we met a white Tesla heading west somewhere along the way - driver saw me first and was waving wildly - I waved too (of course!). It occurs to me now that he'd probably seen the Calgary sig red a few minutes earlier and was really buzzed to see two so close together... LOL

Most people are still happy to have a brief chat at a Supercharger and I'm always interested to hear the stories of how they came to buy the car and how much they love it.

Maybe the 'club' will continue to exist with Model S owners and the future generic Model 3 owners will be less interested in that sort of thing. I guess we'll see, but for now I'm liking it.

In addition to your offer, I'm impressed with the number of PM's I got in response to my post... it feels pretty good to be part of a community that is so friendly and supportive. Thanks for that!

I'm not looking forward to the day that owners stop bothering to wave at each other. On my trip east on the TCH on Sunday, I was a few minutes behind one of your Calgary guys in a red Signature. We had a chat in Revelstoke and saw each other again in Golden. And we met a white Tesla heading west somewhere along the way - driver saw me first and was waving wildly - I waved too (of course!). It occurs to me now that he'd probably seen the Calgary sig red a few minutes earlier and was really buzzed to see two so close together... LOL

Most people are still happy to have a brief chat at a Supercharger and I'm always interested to hear the stories of how they came to buy the car and how much they love it.

Maybe the 'club' will continue to exist with Model S owners and the future generic Model 3 owners will be less interested in that sort of thing. I guess we'll see, but for now I'm liking it.

I saw a red MS Signature on my way heading West last week - charged next to it at Golden but never saw the owner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 181
I was just wondering if the Sig Red you saw in Golden was from BC or Alberta and if it had a vanity plate.
Oh. I didn't check actually but likely AB as there was no front plate which I believe is still required in BC?

- - - Updated - - -

@in2oil and I are going to Vancouver end of August on a little road trip. I noticed the Google street-view of the Vancouver service centre was taken May 2015 and shows a bunch of Model S' in the parking lot... anyone receive their car after May this year and see theirs in the image?

Google Maps

I think that 3s showed me a picture of this car. If memory serves, there was no license plate on the front so probably Alberta. If it wasn't you, then maybe Tomanik or 85Kwh?
Weird. 3S's post does not show the full image on my MacBook with Firefox. I see now (using Safari) there is no front plate and has silver rims. ( not me, I was there a week later ) I'm not sure how many red Sigs there would be in Alberta but wouldn't imagine there are too many.

I was just wondering if the Sig Red you saw in Golden was from BC or Alberta and if it had a vanity plate.
I'm 90% sure I met Tomanik a week ago Sunday (9th) at the superchargers on the way east towards Calgary. He was running a few minutes ahead of me in the TCH pipeline of Alberta wakeboard boats heading home from the Shuswap. No vanity plate that I can recall.

- - - Updated - - -

@in2oil and I are going to Vancouver end of August on a little road trip. I noticed the Google street-view of the Vancouver service centre was taken May 2015 and shows a bunch of Model S' in the parking lot... anyone receive their car after May this year and see theirs in the image?

Google Maps
I picked up on May 20th, so depending on the exact date - maybe!

On a related note, when I was in Calgary on Wednesday last week the TomTom camera car went across an intersection right in front of me (I was first in line), with all the Google-like camera paraphernalia on it. I noted the intersection and perhaps one day I'll find my portrait in the database!

I'm 90% sure I met Tomanik a week ago Sunday (9th) at the superchargers on the way east towards Calgary. He was running a few minutes ahead of me in the TCH pipeline of Alberta wakeboard boats heading home from the Shuswap. No vanity plate that I can recall.
Was indeed me. beeerock was a pleasure to meet you and sounds like you had a successful trip, glad it worked out. Our trip out to Vancouver Island was awesome. Did 2500km with an average energy usage of 185wh/km over the 2 weeks. Not as efficient as our previous 60 but a lot more fun. How did you do with the 85D?

I think that 3s showed me a picture of this car. If memory serves, there was no license plate on the front so probably Alberta. If it wasn't you, then maybe Tomanik or 85Kwh?
Was in golden recently however I have 21 grey wheels so another Alberta red sig owner.