Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to meet you also Footbag. We'll have to get a few more owners together on a day somewhat warmer than -30C.:wink: ( TESLA show and shine perhaps)
Thanks for showing me your P85D. Interesting to see the changes in the last 2 years.... and hard to keep up.

Maybe when the Red Deer SC opens we can meet 1/2 way.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 68252

Had a great meetup and chat with Zapped over the weekend. Snapped this picture, thought I'd share...
Nice looking pair of cars! Nice contrast with the two reds.

I guess I won't be needing this anymore since I cancelled my order and switched to the P85D. Very nice that they actually sent our a Model Xmas card though. Classy Tesla!
model x card.JPG

Hello Everyone, I am expecting My S85D in March 2015 (hopefully) and I have read a bit about others applying Opticoat Pro on their Model S.
1. I am wondering if anybody here has any experience with that and if they would recommend it.
2. Also I would like to know if there are any reputable detailing shops in Edmonton that would be able to do a great job of applying the Opticoat Pro?
3. Where are they located in the city and what is the average price and time it would take to do the job?

Thanks,

That's awesome. When do you take delivery? I think I found you on Plugshare app, turns out your place isn't too far from mine. I don't have any HPWC or other outlet installed for charging just yet however, so I'm not on plugshare yet.
Delivery is a sore-point with me right now. Was supposed to be Dec. 28 (it's finished and ready, sitting outside the factory in Freemont) but for some reason it still hasn't left to Vancouver yet for PDI. I digress....

Yes, I'm in Hillhurst and my charger is lonely :).

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Everyone, I am expecting My S85D in March 2015 (hopefully) and I have read a bit about others applying Opticoat Pro on their Model S.
1. I am wondering if anybody here has any experience with that and if they would recommend it.
2. Also I would like to know if there are any reputable detailing shops in Edmonton that would be able to do a great job of applying the Opticoat Pro?
3. Where are they located in the city and what is the average price and time it would take to do the job?

Thanks,
Congrats! I just looked into OptiCoat and there is a great detailer here in Calgary that does it. About $700 on a brand new car as they need to detail/polish the car first before applying ($350) then do the OptiCoat ($350). You might be able to find it cheaper but this guy is very good at what he does! 2014 Tesla Model S P85 I'm not 100% sure I will do it though as I only plan to keep the car for 3 years tops and I've grown tired of pampering my paint so may just drive it, wash it, and enjoy it rather than stress about the paint quality all the time. I will likely do the front 3M (or whatever) protection for stone chips. I was quoted about $900 for that.

So from what I gather there are the people doing OptiCoat 2.0 and some front wrapping, and others doing the full body wrap. I would assume the full body wrap is better and thus more costly?
I think it's subjective. The full body wrap adds a thick layer of durability but I personally don't like the look/feel of it. I'm not a fan of the front protective wrap either but the results are worth it as I also hate rock chips so this is the lesser of two evils IMO.

The OptiCoat would be great if I were going to fuss over the paint and overall look of the car which I don't plan to.

So from what I gather there are the people doing OptiCoat 2.0 and some front wrapping, and others doing the full body wrap. I would assume the full body wrap is better and thus more costly?
Yes. The more you wrap the more it costs. I personally don't feel it looked any different than before it was wrapped though I had a vague notion that maybe photos don't look as good. - no real evidence but maybe when I get mine I'll take before and afters in the same location and light. I have posted links to some after pics elsewhere in this thread. The outside pics are best to look at if you are using these pics as an example. My rationale is because I don't want to have to worry about the paint and how the car is washed or waxed. I want to be able to park where I want and drive in any conditions without worrying about the car. At the same time, it is a 150k car and I like the idea of having it look pristine even in three years. The wrap can be self healing for small marks and if you get enough damage you could obviously replace a piece of it. The only marks I had were on rear quarter panels so I think I will do the whole car again.

Yes. The more you wrap the more it costs. ....... At the same time, it is a 150k car and I like the idea of having it look pristine even in three years. The wrap can be self healing for small marks and if you get enough damage you could obviously replace a piece of it. The only marks I had were on rear quarter panels so I think I will do the whole car again.

I wish I had my car wrapped 2 years ago. The sandy, gravel chips on our winter roads are particularly bad and creating tiny chips in the paint. I've noticed it more around the rear doors and rear quarter panels where the car body start to flare out a bit.

I did put a 6" wide piece of 3M vinyl coat on the edge where the trailing edge of rear doors meets the body panel. It's always the first area to get sand/sleet accumulation most likely from the front tires when turning.