Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3s-a-charm,

Quite likely me with the sig red S. Only sig I know of in the city, are there any others... would love to see the other colors ?

You have the only sig red I've ever seen.
Maybe when the smoke clears around the various new orders and new owners we should finally plan some kind of gathering. Actually I wonder if any of the upcoming superchargers will have an opening or something?

Maybe you can buy my 21" turbines in a year or two. The itch to go aftermarket will eventually get me I just haven't found anything I like yet.
I would buy these in a heartbeat. Unplugged Performance BBS 21 Inch Wheel Package | Unplugged Performance

If these were available when I ordered (or if I knew about them) I would buy these for my summer set.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are making me want to change my 19" cyclones to 21" turbines now.... Still have time! But I am looking for lowest maintenance possible so maybe I'll just upgrade later if I can't stand the smaller wheel.
I actually didn't see the turbines as an option for the winter set when ordering (I think they were off the site for a while) and didn't care for the 5-double-spoke 19" base wheels so defaulted to the 21" set. I actually like the 19" cyclones as an alternative... in many cases you can barely notice the difference. Plus the ride would be better and likely less susceptible to curbing.

In case anyone is interested there is a Electric Vehicle Assn. of Alberta (EVAA)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/yycEV/

As well I recently snapped some photos of the Red Deer Supercharger that is being installed at the Sheraton
tesla supercharger red deer.jpg
tesla supercharger red deer2.jpg

No, but I'm going to Kickinghorse in late Feb and am hoping for Golden to open by then :). Otherwise may just take the ICE vehicle.
Or you can go to the sun country charger and shop at home hardware for an hour.
I might be going to kicking horse this year too. If I ever get my car I will probably take the Tesla, especially if the supercharger is open.

Or you can go to the sun country charger and shop at home hardware for an hour.
I might be going to kicking horse this year too. If I ever get my car I will probably take the Tesla, especially if the supercharger is open.
You don't want to take the Ford? I thought by now you'd be so fond of it you may want to cancel that P85D order and just enjoy the Ford? :)

Regarding the Sun Country charger... that seems to be one of my (early) concerns - I am buying in to this whole EV road trip thing but with a family I'm wondering how inconvenient these stops will be. I picture me dropping off the family at a restaurant that we can all live with (likely not close to a charger as we sometimes have particular taste in restaurants) then walking 5-10 minutes to meet the family. Then walking back to pick up the vehicle before picking up the family waiting at the restaurant. Seems like a pain. Or we have to eat at Denny's - also a pain.

Thank you @voyagevixen for the Red Deer photos... looks like progress but still behind Canmore. Make sure to include these photos in the Western Canada Superchargers thread - there are some recent photos from Canmore I was able to get - plus I had the location corrected on the supercharger.info website after driving around searching for the construction site! Western Canada Superchargers - Page 47

Where at the Sheraton is the charger located? I used to go there almost weekly for meetings so am familiar with the hotel. Are the chargers over by the flags at the front?
- - - Updated - - -

In case anyone is interested there is a Electric Vehicle Assn. of Alberta (EVAA)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/yycEV/
Do I have to have a facebook account to be a part of this?

Last edited:
You don't want to take the Ford? I thought by now you'd be so fond of it you may want to cancel that P85D order and just enjoy the Ford? :)

Regarding the Sun Country charger... that seems to be one of my (early) concerns - I am buying in to this whole EV road trip thing but with a family I'm wondering how inconvenient these stops will be. I picture me dropping off the family at a restaurant that we can all live with (likely not close to a charger as we sometimes have particular taste in restaurants) then walking 5-10 minutes to meet the family. Then walking back to pick up the vehicle before picking up the family waiting at the restaurant. Seems like a pain. Or we have to eat at Denny's - also a pain.

Thank you @voyagevixen for the Red Deer photos... looks like progress but still behind Canmore. Make sure to include these photos in the Western Canada Superchargers thread - there are some recent photos from Canmore I was able to get - plus I had the location corrected on the supercharger.info website after driving around searching for the construction site! Western Canada Superchargers - Page 47

Where at the Sheraton is the charger located? I used to go there almost weekly for meetings so am familiar with the hotel. Are the chargers over by the flags at the front?
- - - Updated - - -

Do I have to have a facebook account to be a part of this?
Well I was just going to keep the Ford but it doesn't have a heated steering wheel :)

WRT Golden, there is a restaurant nearby the SCH. I think I gave a short writeup on it in the Vancouver/Alberta thread. It is just a walk back up the road (name is in that thread).

Your new order should also benefit from the $ 1k lower Premium Interior Package. The longer it takes, the better it gets. :rolleyes:
I did get the new price but unfortunately I lost my old price. When I orderd originally, the NG seats seemed to be included for free in the P85D Price but within a short period of time they started charging $3,600 for the next generation seats. Thus my original order was about $3,500 less (there was another $100 discrepancy) than subsequent orders. I suspect that was an error but nonetheless if my original ordered car had been delivered back in December it would have cost $3,500 ($2,500 now) than the car I'm ordering now. I raised this briefly but wasn't getting too far and ultimately decided to accept the new price along with the additional benefits of a new order. Maybe I should have told them that I would drop the old price issue if they guaranteed a January delivery.

I am not sure if any of you have signed this already, but the EV assoc. of Alberta is putting together a petition to send to Jim Prentice. It encourages a high power EV charging system in Alberta. They need more digital signatures, so if you can take a minute and sign here is the link:

bit.ly/pluginalbertapetition

Thanks for this. I'm a member of the EV assoc of Alberta but somehow I missed this.

Given that one of my doors is currently possessed, I was on the phone with Vancouver. Found it interesting that a Ranger is scheduled to come to Calgary and Edmonton mid February to do annual maintenance visits, as well as apply some service bulletins (I didn't ask about the specifics).
Maybe the Ranger visit will be to swap out my seats for the next-gen as well? Wishful thinking... :)