Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! Any word on what colour? Other than those I've met in Canmore I've only seen one other and it was red. How does someone crash INTO a Starbucks in a parking lot??

This image was just tweeted today. I censored out the plate even though CTV news didn't.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 284
Sula, I recall your winter 21 in wheels being grey, are your summer s rims grey as well.? Glad to hear it's wasn't you! When is you trip to the carolinas? Perhaps there might be another meet we might meet again.

talking about a tesla meet, when and where is the next meet?

Coffee, its a hell of an addiction....
AC1K, I was meeting with gpetti today and telling him the story of how I came to eventually purchase a Tesla and it turns out you were inadvertently involved! Last summer I was walking with my family and found a piece of paper on the ground. I picked it up to throw it in the nearby garbage but it turned out to be a small "flyer" for Tesla. There was a black Model S on the front with stats on the back. I head read about Tesla online earlier but because they were rear-wheel drive I didn't think it was right for my daily driver. Regardless, I loved the photo and decided to keep that piece of paper and add it to my "dream board" in my closet. Every morning I got dressed for the day and thought about the Model S (amongst other exciting things on my dream board). It turns out that gpetti recognized that piece of paper as being one that you produced for your car! Thanks to that piece of paper, I have the exact Model S that is on that picture :) - only in AWD!

Thought you might like to know you may have been the influencer in another Tesla sale.

Looking for input from Calgary owners who have been driving with the 21" wheels, has anyone had any issues with them and our streets? Reading some of the various posts from owners about damaged wheels or tires due to pot holes in other threads on TMC makes we wonder if they are a risk for a daily driver. Any thoughts or input is appreciated.

Looking for input from Calgary owners who have been driving with the 21" wheels, has anyone had any issues with them and our streets? Reading some of the various posts from owners about damaged wheels or tires due to pot holes in other threads on TMC makes we wonder if they are a risk for a daily driver. Any thoughts or input is appreciated.
No issues here. My winter and summer are 21". I would prefer a 20" winter, though. I find the 19's too small looking on the car and I am willing to sacrifice the ride quality. Calgary roads are pretty good in general - just have to watch the road.

I've just had my car since Thursday so I don't have a experience pool to draw from but so far so good. The 21's do make me a bit nervous and I have found that I have avoided trying to park parallel to curbs. When I have had to park next to a curb I am pretty far out compared to my other cars because I am scared. That said, I've been extra careful overall with the car as this is by far the biggest car I have ever owned.

Sula, I recall your winter 21 in wheels being grey, are your summer s rims grey as well.? Glad to hear it's wasn't you! When is you trip to the carolinas? Perhaps there might be another meet we might meet again.

talking about a tesla meet, when and where is the next meet?

The summer tires are also grey and 21", although I have not seen them yet. In theory they were shipped to NC.
How about a meet weekend of May 16 for all?

The crazy bumpy roads in Calgary coupled with construction is why I chose the 19'' over the 21'' wheels. However, I do agree that the 21'' looks better. I decided that this would be my daily driver and main car, so opted for a little practicality to offset the completely impractical purchase of a 3.1s supercar to commute to work :)

Those who've seen the car think the wheels look awesome however. So I suppose the choice would be in the eye of the beholder. I would like to see what it feels like to ride with 21'' rims though, just because my 19'' wheels feel real smooth and comfy on the roads and there must be a difference.

Got my seats swapped today. Left the guy to let himself in as I was at work for the day. Happened to be out and about so stopped home to see how things went, and he was just wrapping up. Replaced one door handle / adjusted the other, so addressed those two problems. The sunroof wasn't fixable... he greased it, which is making it work, but him and I could both tell it still isn't happy. He tried a replacement roof he brought, but it did the same thing. He is going to have to talk to others to find a solution. Hope you have better luck @3s-a-charm!

He mentioned an interesting tidbit... someone traded a BMW i8 in for a P85D and the i8 is sitting at the store in Vancouver awaiting resale. Given that many consider these competing cars (they are... sort of?!), to have someone ditch the i8 for the Tesla is perhaps a testament to just how good our cars are (or how bad the i8 is, not sure).

The crazy bumpy roads in Calgary coupled with construction is why I chose the 19'' over the 21'' wheels. However, I do agree that the 21'' looks better. I decided that this would be my daily driver and main car, so opted for a little practicality to offset the completely impractical purchase of a 3.1s supercar to commute to work :)

Those who've seen the car think the wheels look awesome however. So I suppose the choice would be in the eye of the beholder. I would like to see what it feels like to ride with 21'' rims though, just because my 19'' wheels feel real smooth and comfy on the roads and there must be a difference.

The debate over 19" vs. 21" can be endless. It really depends on personal choice.
The 21" on a Tesla are definitely "low profile". Apparently not the best for winter and not the best for rough roads.

Will you be able to tell the difference in everyday driving? I'm skeptical.

With very limited experience so far with the Tesla (21" Winter, air suspension, 45psi now, not 40psi), it can feel smoother than what I experience with a 19" Porsche Cayenne (also air suspension).

I have recently blown a tire on the Cayenne (19") on the way to the airport. No idea what caused it, it went to the dealer within the hour and I caught the next flight. The Cayenne has brought me through some very deep snow without stress. Can the Tesla? I do not have the experience yet, but it is clearly not just a function of 19" vs. 21" (and this difference may be minimal). The actual tires and suspension height are probably the determining factor.

As mentioned earlier, you need to be concerned with curb damage to the rims with the 21" Tesla configuration (I can only speak to the winter configuration so far). Some tires have an extra rubber protrusion just above the rim so the rubber hits first before the rims get scraped. Not so on the winter configuration I received. So I need to be extra careful when parking against a curb (as mentioned by Han Chen).

I get the feeling that "chance / capability of the drive train / suspension system you have / software driving all the components / tire pressure" has more to do in this equation than just between 19" vs. 21" wheels. Eventually you will damage a tire and will eventually damage a rim in either case.

19" are less expensive. 21" "look better".

Does not answer your question, but hope this helps in a small way.