Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owners in Huntsville, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am proposing we all meet for dinner at 5pm on Wednesday 9/12. I suggest we meet at West End Gril, 6610 Madison Pike Ste 109, Huntsville, AL 35806.... Please give me a yes/no on whether you are in, or propose any adjustment in the plans. I will then finalize via private message so I can reserve sufficient space.
@N4HHE, @jmach, @ifwinterends: I will see you folks there. If you are planning on bringing anyone else with you, please let me know so that I can make sure we will have sufficient space reserved. So far, I have five owners confirmed (including myself). Anyone else is welcome, as well--just let me know.

I can delete this if its not cool to mention that I need to sell something. I got the new TuxMats for my Model 3.I have the 3D Maxspider ones if anyone is interested. Looking for $175. I only used it for a few weeks, they are gently used.

Front and rear.

This is what it looks like:

2018 Tesla Model 3 - MAXpider Rubber Floor Mats [Covers Front & Rear, Black] MAX229678

I probably won't make it out to West End Grill unless someone wants the Mats. Its just too far out for me from Hampton Cove.

Monrovia Body Shop has long had a reputation as the best paint shop around.

Throwing another kink in the works, consider Woody Anderson Ford. Big Ford dealer gets a lot of body work. Years ago my insurance company sent me there with a Prius. Ultimately Monrovia did the work but I wasn't unimpressed with what I saw at Woody Anderson. And if any aluminum is involved then no one has gone through more training and practice on aluminum than a Ford dealer since the F150 became aluminum.
Thanks for the Monrovia recommendation. We had a terrible experience with Woody Anderson body shop earlier this year working on my wife's Ford, so probably wouldn't go back there. It ended up looking pretty good when they were done, but they were totally incompetent with getting parts and getting the work done. Like two weeks went by after I returned the authorization to do the work they had sent me before I called them asking if it was done and they said it wasn't even in their system that they had the car. Then 3 or 4 completion dates were not met after that just because of errors on them not ordering parts.

@N4HHE, @jmach, @ifwinterends: I will see you folks there. If you are planning on bringing anyone else with you, please let me know so that I can make sure we will have sufficient space reserved. So far, I have five owners confirmed (including myself). Anyone else is welcome, as well--just let me know.
Please add one more, I let another owner know and he is planning on coming as well.

Picture from the meet up! Thanks @SucreTease

Also, I have a USB-C charger and need to trade it for a Lightening charger. Anyone want to swap??

d4fL64b.jpg

Last edited:
@Arrowpine, @up2geek, @ifwinterends, @Alben, @geoalan, @kgolfer, and @Audan2009 have all expressed an interest in meeting other Tesla owners in the Huntsville area. I am also addressing anyone else interested.

I am proposing we all meet for dinner at 5pm on Wednesday 9/12. I suggest we meet at West End Gril, 6610 Madison Pike Ste 109, Huntsville, AL 35806. However, I am putting forth this date, time, & venue as an initial proposal only. I am open to adjustments if it increases our attendance. Please give me a yes/no on whether you are in, or propose any adjustment in the plans. I will then finalize via private message so I can reserve sufficient space.

I will say that I have seen a dramatic increase in Tesla sighting in the several few weeks. Sometimes 2/day compared with 1/week previously. Some of my most recent sightings were two Model 3 on Blake Bottom/Mt. Zion last week, and on Friday, a white Model X at Gillespie and County Line, and another Model 3 driving into Liberty Middle School.

Sorry I missed the get together, hopefully you had a good turn out.

Reactions: Akikiki
View attachment 332214

I plan on coming to West End Grill...not sure if my car will be there though.

Got hit in the parking lot at the Jones Valley Target while my wife was inside shopping. Fortunately the lady waited around for her to come out. Any experiences with Service King in TN or the new Tesla body shop in Marietta? Marietta's a trek, but may be worth it for a 1st party repair.

Might check into ECR in east Nashville.

Would you like to try another Tesla on your HPWC? Or try yours on another HPWC?

Thanks for the offer. I installed a HPWC for a friend of mine down in Somerville shortly after my problem arose and the new charger had no issues. So, it is/was definitely my HPWC. I've localized the issue with the help of the local Tesla Mobile Tech. Turns out one of the communications wires within the cable is bad. Which wouldn't be that bad except the cable cost ~$350, so I just replaced the whole unit.

Thanks again for the offer, I do appreciate it.

Geo Alan

Reactions: N4HHE
Just wanting to add my name to the list of (near) Huntsville Tesla owners. I have a Blue LR RWD Model 3 and commute daily from the Union Grove/Arab area into Research park.

I had a chance to visit with several folks during the Drive Electric event at Providence, thanks to all for being so friendly and willing to chat about these amazing cars.

I'm sad that I just missed out on the meetup, but i'd certainly be down the next time one gets put together.

Also regarding the tire rotation discussion, I purchased a set of the Reverse Logic hockey pucks (Tesla) and had no issues rotating them myself.

M3_at_2018DEVW.jpg

Just wanting to add my name to the list of (near) Huntsville Tesla owners. I have a Blue LR RWD Model 3 and commute daily from the Union Grove/Arab area into Research park.

I had a chance to visit with several folks during the Drive Electric event at Providence, thanks to all for being so friendly and willing to chat about these amazing cars.

I'm sad that I just missed out on the meetup, but i'd certainly be down the next time one gets put together.

Also regarding the tire rotation discussion, I purchased a set of the Reverse Logic hockey pucks (Tesla) and had no issues rotating them myself.
Welcome and glad you found this page. Nice meeting you Saturday, and thanks for the Reverse Logic tip...I just ordered a set last night!

I can delete this if its not cool to mention that I need to sell something. I got the new TuxMats for my Model 3.I have the 3D Maxspider ones if anyone is interested. Looking for $175. I only used it for a few weeks, they are gently used.

Front and rear.

This is what it looks like:

2018 Tesla Model 3 - MAXpider Rubber Floor Mats [Covers Front & Rear, Black] MAX229678

I probably won't make it out to West End Grill unless someone wants the Mats. Its just too far out for me from Hampton Cove.

I am interested. Is it still available? Thanks.

I'm giving discount tires in Madison a try right now as recommended by a number of local Tesla owners on here. $44 for a rotate and balance. (Rotate is free. Not sure if I need a balance but I hate to come in and not spend some money initially.).

I've got 10k miles on the car and the front has 7/32 remaining and the back has 5/32. This is my first rotate and balance on the car.