Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla partners with AirBnb to bring charging stations to homes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart. The Ivan Feinseth guy in the first article sounds like an idiot.

"[It's a] waste of time," Feinseth told Benzinga. "I think it's a way to grab headlines. If you can afford $100,000 for a car, are you really going to use Airbnb, or are you going to deluxe hotels? I think it's a disconnect for the customer."

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
No idea. Their tesla map seems stale. I've contacted them repeatedly about adding EV charging (including 120v) as a listable/searchable amenity to all properties, seems like it would be a trivial addition for them, but no success. I would urge everyone to do the same. Once more property owners know it will attract customers we will see a lot more installed.

For several years now I have stayed at Airbnb locations while traveling in my Roadster. It's handy to charge overnight where you stay because Roadsters can't supercharge. What I do is ask a potential host if they have a dryer or stove outlet that we could use overnight, and I offer to pay $25 extra for the service. I have a 50' extension cord. Combined with the UMC it's 68' long so it's not that hard to find an outlet within reach of where you can park. You'd be surprised - almost half the hosts I talk to can do this, and most are excited to have a guest who is driving electric. I always discuss it in detail before I book to make sure they are comfortable. I've done this almost a dozen times.