TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla partners with AirBnb to bring charging stations to homes

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by yobigd20, Aug 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

2. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

#2 hockeythug, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Smart. The Ivan Feinseth guy in the first article sounds like an idiot.

:rolleyes:

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

That's actually pretty smart. Fight with a hotel or get a nice private residence with parking? I'd usually opt for the latter. Can't beat the fresh towels and sheets though ;)

4. robby

robby Member

They are quick! Our application was approved yesterday.

I am very happy about this program. It benefits every Tesla owner in the travel business, both supply-side and demand-side. Thanks Tesla.

5. kaneda

kaneda Member

Just ont example, but we own a 85D and just spent a week in NYC thanks to AirBnB.

6. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

7. robby

robby Member

8. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

This thread is a couple years old, anyhow just curious, does Tesla still give out a HPWC to AirBnB hosts ?

What are the conditions?

9. martinicus

martinicus Member

No idea. Their tesla map seems stale. I've contacted them repeatedly about adding EV charging (including 120v) as a listable/searchable amenity to all properties, seems like it would be a trivial addition for them, but no success. I would urge everyone to do the same. Once more property owners know it will attract customers we will see a lot more installed.

10. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

For several years now I have stayed at Airbnb locations while traveling in my Roadster. It's handy to charge overnight where you stay because Roadsters can't supercharge. What I do is ask a potential host if they have a dryer or stove outlet that we could use overnight, and I offer to pay $25 extra for the service. I have a 50' extension cord. Combined with the UMC it's 68' long so it's not that hard to find an outlet within reach of where you can park. You'd be surprised - almost half the hosts I talk to can do this, and most are excited to have a guest who is driving electric. I always discuss it in detail before I book to make sure they are comfortable. I've done this almost a dozen times.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1